Author Topic: ALTERNATE: Dreams of Glass  (Read 9244 times)

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: ALTERNATE: Dreams of Glass
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2019, 10:39:38 PM »
He scanned the club as Ben did. Vampires were welcome here but yes, they had their own type of clubs and this most certainly wasn't it.

"There are a few vamps here" He tried to scrutinize Ben in the darkness, looking for any noticeable signs of vampire bites or feed marks. Was he a fang banger? A blood bag junkie? He had heard a vampires bite could be quite addictive and an out of this would aphrodisiac but he found himself hoping Ben wasn't into the scene, or not far into it anyway.

"Why wouldn't they let you into Venture" He asked as their drinks were placed before them. Did he have a vampire lover, a patron or was he merely curious and looking to take a walk on the supernatural wildside of life. A thrill seeker then?

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2019, 10:46:47 PM »
Two whiskeys got put down in front of them as Ben listened to Saraekiel's question about Venture. Ben licked his lips and looked at the amber liquid for a moment before meeting the other's eyes again.

"I, uh, I've been researching them for a while. I've wanted to be one since before I knew they were real," he admitted. He shrugged. "Haven't met one yet."

Though in meeting Saraekiel he thought he had, but Saraekiel was something else... in so many ways.

"Am I stupid?" he said, saying it with a laugh but he was genuinely seeking an opinion. Would his desire simply lead to his death and nothing more? Could vampires even make another vampire out of a human or was that just bullshit from the movies?

Ben reached out and took his glass, holding it and spinning it on the bar as he nervously awaited an answer.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2019, 11:35:28 PM »
He trailed his finger around the rim of his glass as he gave Ben's question some serious thought. If he were a human and knew about vampires, if he grew up on all the vampire tales and romantically constructed vampire lore humans seemed to love so much, then found out that they were actually real, would he want to become one. The power such a transformation would bring...

"No.' He answered hesitantly "You certainly aren't stupid. I can see the appeal and the fascination, but..." He lifted the glass and took a sip before continuing, his eyes considering as he looked at Ben. "It is a dangerous path to walk down I would think and something not to walk blindly into. vampires are charismatic and powerful creatures and extremely untruthful." He placed his drink back on the counter. "If it is something you seriously want to do, I suggest you delve into the entire supernatural world and gather as much information as you can from all types of sources and then decide for yourself."

The music suddenly changed to something a little slower, something that could be danced to and his foot started tapping to the beat against his stool.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2019, 12:12:44 AM »
Ben gathered the courage to ask his question.

"Do you mind explaining what you are?"

Ben then made the mistake of lifting the glass of whiskey to his lips and taking a sip. The smell of alcohol hit him at about the same time as the burn down his throat. He suppressed a cough and set the glass down harder than anticipated, his eyes watering at the unexpected strength. The most he was used to drinking was lite beer. A shiver racked his body and he grabbed onto the bar itself, pretending that he wasn't being consumed by fire and that he was cool with it.

He was unsuccessful.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2019, 09:22:25 PM »
He tilted his head slightly in response to Ben's inquiry. he had seen his wings obviously, so he knew what he was, therefore, his answer would depend on what Ben already knew about his race. Angels featured nearly as much as vampires did in human tales and the information was just as romanticized.

He opened his mouth to answer when Ben took his sip of whisky and ended up bent over the counter wheezing. he grinned and suppressed his laughter as he patted and rubbed his back.

"Well as you have no doubt guessed, I am not a vampire" he said into his ear as he bent close to Ben, his hands moving languidly up and down his back, enjoying the feel of him beneath his fingers. "but like them I too like to bite" he finished wickedly. He waited for Ben to catch his breath before asking "Do you like to dance Ben?"