Author Topic: Mania  (Read 13552 times)

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Re: Mania
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2019, 01:50:39 PM »
Ben's smile remained through Saraekiel's comments. He agreed that he wasn't owned. He knew what ownership looked and felt like, thanks to Themba. He gave the dark angel an aw-shucks smile again when being told that his expression was giving him away.

His advice to look after himself (and only himself) sounded selfish to Ben's ears. He'd done enough of that in his past and it hadn't hurt any less or made him feel any better. He and Kerr had experienced a bit of a boon after he'd returned to his sire's arms after being attacked by Lazarus. He'd felt nourished and safe. And then, he'd felt like he'd been in a genuine partnership, where he could say what he really believed and do what he wanted with Kerr at his side. Instead he'd received a cruel reminder that Kerr didn't trust him and it had made him angry enough to snap. And then he'd come here on a whim and the tiniest excuse.

"Armani is all you have," Ben repeated with a quirk of a smile. "I guess it'll have to do," he teased.

Ben moved towards the edge of the bed, intending on getting the rest of his clothes to pair up with the Armani pants.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2019, 02:19:47 PM »
"it's a travesty I know...forced to don such a lesser designer." He teased back. He watched as Ben went to move off of the bed and was surprised by the sudden desire to wrap his arms around the retreating vampire and pull him back. It was weird and unsettling but then the whole situation was weird and unsettling. How and why was this creature so under his skin? Unable to resist the urge to touch him he sat up and laid a kiss on Ben's shoulder. "Get dressed, I'll gather your other stuff."

He rolled out of the apposite side of the bed and strolled into the office and gathered Ben's discarded clothing, what remained of them anyway. The buttons he left where they were.

"You want your underwear or you going to go commando?" he called out as he scooped the article of clothing up off the floor.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2019, 02:59:46 PM »
"I'll take it," Ben said, accepting all of his clothes and getting dressed. As he pulled the new pants on, he found them a little loose around the hips because he wasn't as muscular as Saraekiel, and they were a little long in the leg but not so much that he was standing on them. His belt came in handy for keeping them up. With his buttonless shirt on the top, he felt peculiar but it wasn't the worst. He didn't want to steal a shirt from Saraekiel too. He sat on the edge of the bed and put on his socks.

"I should call you Rae, not Kiel," he said off-handedly, then grinned up at the dark angel. "You know, like you're my dark ray of sunshine."

He certainly felt the burn of his dark ray of sunshine tonight, and still carried his lips on his chest.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2019, 04:07:28 PM »
He smiled in return as he handed the clothes over. he was tempted to offer Ben a shirt as well, since he had ruined the one he arrived in, but figured if Ben had wanted one he would have grabbed one already. he didn't need a mother hen, and anyway, he liked the look of him half dressed with his shirt undone and wearing his pants. It gave the impression of being reckless, young and free. It suited him

"Rae huh?" he raised an eyebrow and shrugged. " I like it, and it's not something anyone else calls me."

He leaned against the wall as he looked Ben over and wondered if he would see the vampire again, or would he become persona non grata, once the guilt and regret set in, for he had no doubt that it would. He was already running home with his tail tucked between his legs. He sighed slightly as he reached up and scratched his chin, the future would be what it would be and he had no regrets.

"Do you want me to call the cab?" He asked as he turned and pulled a pair of pants out for himself and slipped them on.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2019, 06:12:01 PM »
"No, there's a rank just outside your place," Ben said with a soft laugh. When someone could fly, perhaps they didn't notice stuff like that. He doubted the dark angel would know where the bus stop was either.

He moved to the wall where Saraekiel stood, admiring those folded wings and the look of the gorgeous golden man who he now had intimate knowledge of. "Thank you, for not turning me away," he said, putting a hand on his shoulder and then tipping his face up to kiss him. He was leaving pretty quick after their tryst - he didn't want Rae to feel like Ben was fleeing.

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2019, 10:39:52 PM »
"Explains the foot traffic around here" Saraekiel said with an amused smile. The cab rank was new to him, which also explained why the staff had no problem getting here and the company cab fare tab, not that the money worried him.

He leaned down to meet Ben in the kiss, his hand caressing his neck and sliding through his hair to cup the back of his head as he deepened the kiss, savouring it.

He pulled away and smiled softly. "There is no need to thank me." He said as he brushed his thumb along his cheekbone. " Tonight was fantastic and you are amazing." He dropped his hand from Ben's face and searched his mercurial eyes. " The truth is, I doubt I could turn you away even if I wanted to." he confessed with narrowed eyes, hating to admit his own weakness. " You call to me Ben Samson, and I find myself reacting to you in ways that are completely out of character for me." He admitted with a last searching look. he shook his head at the peculiarity of it before sliding his arm around Ben's wait.

"Lets get you home shall we? Before the dawn finds you."