Author Topic: The Lapdance of Luxury  (Read 20400 times)

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: The Lapdance of Luxury
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2019, 09:06:21 PM »
"Oh," Harm sighed, feeling deflated. It wasn't as if he'd have been able to change the situation even if it had been Ben's fault, though he realised only in hindsight that he'd been willing to try to tug on the connection he'd made here tonight to see if he could maybe swing things in his favour. That it had to do with the Kuei-Jin made much more sense. He took a breath and smiled at Ben, pleased that he wasn't involved after all. His initial impression in the clinic still counted for something; Ben was a rare, honest politician, interested in changing things for his people.

Harm admired him. He didn't admire Jake McCloud but maybe that was just because he didn't know him. He'd have to give him a chance before the election, so he could make a fair decision between the two - rather than basing it solely on who'd given him the most outstanding orgasm of his life. Instinctively, his gaze found its way to Ben again, noting how bright his unusual eyes were and thinking about the fangs he hid rather well behind his pink lips. Damnit, there went his dick again, eager for another round. He blushed and shifted his towel around, using it to wipe his sticky fingers after he'd sucked the sauce off them, hoping to cover up where his thoughts were straying.

"You know, you don't have to stay here watching me eat," he told Ben shyly, feeling pinned beneath his stare. "I get it if you want to go upstairs to your sire - that does mean the vampire that made you a vampire, right? Have you lived with him all fifteen years?"

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2019, 09:41:02 PM »
Ben realised that maybe he was outstaying his welcome when Harm suggested he leave but then more questions came and he felt he should answer them.

"Yes, the word 'sire' means the vampire who created me. Most of the thirteen years, not all. Kerr and I have had an off and on relationship. At the moment we're on, but we're open. He knows I'm here with you, doing what we're doing. Well, not watching you eat, anyway." He smiled, though lightly. "I can go if you like but I thought I'd hang around and answer questions for you. Up to you. If you want to spend some private time here and process everything that happened, I can leave. I guess I'm comparing your experience to mine. I had so many questions both before and after I was drunk from." He shrugged but continued to stare at Harm, paying close attention to see whether he was squirming uncomfortably with the desire to ask Ben to leave or if he genuinely wanted Ben to stay.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2019, 10:21:02 PM »
Harm stopped eating and looked at Ben, his mouth working as he moved food around inside it with his tongue, preparing to answer him but thinking about what he'd say first. He appreciated Ben's generosity and he was sincerely flattered by his attention but how could he tell him that too much was a temptation he didn't need? It could be insulting, if he phrased himself incorrectly.

"I'll probably think of a million questions later but, for now, you've answered all the burning ones I have. The rest will probably just be boring - is being a vampire like being surrounded by a smorgasbord twenty-four seven? Just what powers do you train? - or none of my business - do you need to have drunk recently to attain maximum sexual function? What's that burn on your chest, I thought you could heal?" he offered, gesturing towards Ben's chest with the hand holding his fork.

"But the biggest problem I have with you hanging around is familiarity. You're really lovely and kind and good looking and you treated me amazingly, giving me this spectacular experience and... I'm already thinking about wanting to repeat it. But I'm just fooling myself with the illusion of it. The indulgence. If you hang around much longer, I'll want to indulge in you again and I know myself. I'm a sucker for kindness and physical contact and you've got that in spades, man. You're sweet, you're hot and you're fucking amazing in bed. You're easy and everything else I have is complicated and nowhere near as satisfying. So if you stay, I'll start thinking of you as an option. But you're just not," he chuckled, grinning at Ben as he shook his head at him, like Ben had made a cheeky offer he was reluctantly refusing.

He fell quiet, hoping Ben understood. Hoping he hadn't offended him.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2019, 10:40:57 PM »
Ben laughed until the question about the burn on his chest and then his laughter faded away. Huh.

"I don't think about people as food. Being gay is more like being surrounded by a smorgasbord twenty-four-seven than the vampire thing," he said with a grin. "But seriously, the thirst has to be pretty compelling before I look at necks before looking at people. I might've done that a few times in my first year but I'm well beyond it now. Sex works the same whether I've fed or not, it's about passion. I might be rougher if I'm thirsting? I don't know, I haven't tried that out and I'm not really keen to. The burn is from, uh... vampires can be hurt by other supernaturals in a way that doesn't heal. I got a little too close to one of them. Supes like dark angels, fire demons - any kind of fire-related being can hurt me."

When Harm spoke next it roused a bunch of mixed feelings in Ben. He took a moment to answer. "No, you're right, I'm not an option in terms of a relationship... but I can be an option as a respite from your everyday complications." He smiled here, though it was calculating. "I want you for your blood and sex

and friendship
but you're right that any relationship would be complicated
even friendship
because you're 'seeing' a guy from the enemy camp

"so keep my number and if you ever call me, I promise I won't be as nice next time. I'll just use you."

His smile widened, but he meant it.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2019, 10:52:30 PM »
Harm's grin widened and he tilted his head coyly towards his shoulder, taking a playful swipe in Ben's direction with his hand. "Ohhhh, you!" he teased, "knowing just what to say to get my little heart racing!"

After a twittery giggle, Harm put his fork down on the plate on the coffee table and leant back against the incredibly soft, enveloping rear cushion of the couch. He pulled his legs up and crossed them tailor fashion, making sure his towel was modest (even if there was a lump that wouldn't go down because now he was thinking of all the ways Ben could use him before he left). His head lolled and he looked seriously at Ben.

"Thanks," he smiled, assuming Ben would take his leave now. His gaze lowered for one last hopeful look, his hands clenching his thighs through his towel a little more firmly. "I appreciate it." Ben's offer was too good for him to take up. He knew he was better off forgetting his number as soon as he could.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2019, 11:01:06 PM »
Ben stood, wishing there was something more he could say but it would spoil what they'd already said. It was enough. Harm's experience was over and Ben was hopeful that the other would be addicted to the bite enough to seek him out again.

Before leaving, Ben moved past the back of the sofa Harm was on and briefly touched his shoulder where it almost met his neck, before heading out, closing the door behind him. He didn't see anyone on the way back to the lift and he was a little sad that this might be the last time he was ever with Harm.

The elevator dinged his arrival back into the penthouse.