Author Topic: Texts  (Read 12704 times)

Offline Pocky

• Wordsmith
  • Salty & Sweet
    • View Profile
Texts
« on: October 29, 2019, 09:00:16 PM »
Trick's bedroom door was shut; signs on the other side of it declared visitors were unwelcome and everyone should keep out, that entering was at their own risk and potentially hazardous.

Trick lay on the bed, his shoulders on the wall. He wore a light jumper because the house was cold and a pair of board shorts because they were comfortable. His pillow was shoved at the base of his spine and his left hand cushioned his head while he scrolled through his phone with his right, thumb flicking past Instaphotos as he assessed other people's shots and coveted their comments and likes. With a quick maneuver his phone displayed the photos Harm had taken of himself. Trick had looked at them a number of times since getting up this morning and now, in that time between dinner and bed, he felt like it was time to send a message.

The texts that had been pre-loaded by Harm brought a smile to his face again and he read over them before adding one of his own to the end.

This is Trick's phone.
So I've just received a Trick message?
Awww, c'mon now
I was just thinking of you, actually
Yeah? Good thoughts, I hope
You've looked in a mirror, right?
Yeah...?
Then you KNOW there can't be any bad thoughts of you ;o)
Same goes for you tbh
Remember that time you let me ride you out of the water looking like this? That was fun

He typed: 'Have you tried rearranging the lake with your face lately?' and then deleted it.

He typed: 'You busy?' and then deleted it.

He typed: 'So are you coming to the wedding?' and debated it for a couple of minutes before pressing send. Once the phone made the bloop noise that it was sent, Trick wished he could take it back.

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Texts
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 09:34:19 PM »
Harm's heart leapt with excitement when his phone dinged that he'd received a message. He was cautious enough to finish his move and pause the game he was playing before he turned around from his perch on the footstool to fish the phone out of the couch cushions. He'd tossed it there earlier when he'd got sick of (futilely) cyber stalking Ben Samson and scrolling mindlessly through Facebook.

The text might just be his little brother, though he usually called rather than texted. He hoped it was Luke, but was doubtful because he'd been really busy lately. Ben floated through his mind yet again, like the tantalising scent of freshly-brewed coffee - mouth-wateringly good and three times more addictive - but Harm didn't really believe it would be him, not the night after they'd been together. He was fooling himself thinking the vampire would even text him, anyway. It was weird and obsessive and he needed to get over that shit.

When he saw it was Trick, Harm grinned, putting his controller on the footstool and climbing up onto the couch to get comfy. He reclined along it on his back, his head on a cushion against the arm, one leg bent and his knee swinging playfully as he read over Trick's text (pausing to admire the photo of the brunette he'd taken and put in a prior message. Unfortunately, he only had the one, though he'd stalked Trick's Insta feed for a couple of days after they'd met and found quite a few lovely shots there).

It was a good thing it wasn't a video call, since he was naked - most of his furniture had washable covers because he preferred going sans clothes in his apartment - but Trick didn't have to know that. Not right away, anyway.

I wasn't aware you and the buoy had set a date! Congrats, man! When is it? I'd say I'll be there with bells on but... they might try to seat me with the buoy's family and that would get totally awks  :rolleyes:

He couldn't quite remember if that had been the joke or not - it'd been almost a week since he'd met the amazing swimmer at the lake, after all - but he hoped Trick would let him get away with it. Or straight up correct him. He'd be good with either, it was just nice to hear from him. Harm's smile at his phone was proof.

Offline Pocky

• Wordsmith
  • Salty & Sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 10:46:00 PM »
Trick chuckled at the reply but his laughter died when he realised he was stuck for a reply. After a moment's thought he typed;

I’ll have to sneak you in. Bouy's mad jealous of your face plant skills. Or maybe just that you have a face.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2019, 11:42:08 PM »
Harm sniggered at Trick's response and shot one back, already mentally composing another message that would get him some answers he wanted about Trick. He had the perfect idea about how to do it, too. The question was when to work it in. Could he create his own opening?

I'd have thought Buoy would be more worried about you towing me out of the lake. Me having hands is way more of an issue than me having a face, considering I already got them on you once  ;) :licklips: How long until these impending nuptials, you didn't say?

Offline Pocky

• Wordsmith
  • Salty & Sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2019, 07:09:42 AM »
Trick read the text he received a few times over before replying. He held the phone in both of his hands, two thumbs flying over the keyboard. He had to backspace a couple of times to fix the autocorrect.

It's on this Saturday at the local pool hall. I tried telling Buoy it wasn't that kind of pool but what can you do? Starts around one at Sticks and Stakes.

He'd added 'you going to be there?' initially but deleted it before pressing send.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2019, 08:06:10 AM »
Harm gave a satisfied little whoop when the information came, not because it was the cutest way he’d ever been asked out - though he thought it was - but because he’d managed to set up the opening he wanted without really trying! Tingles of excitement spread through him and his heart rate picked up as he worked out how to say what he wanted. After a few false starts, he went with direct.

This Saturday? Oh, that’s too bad! I had plans to go to the carnival grounds from eleven. I received a letter in the mail telling me about a special, invitation-only promotion they’re having this weekend. Did you happen to get an invitation?

He typed another sentence - ‘Because if you did, maybe we could go together?’ - but hastily deleted it and pressed send. How he proceeded all hinged on whether or not Trick knew about the supernatural event. Once he had confirmation either way, Harm would know just how much he was permitted to say. The conversation would likely be hijacked away from the carnival but it would be worth it!

It was a very new thing, to be aware of so many other beings in the city around him. He’d wanted to learn everything Luke knew but that information had always been meted out with excessive cautionary tales that made him feel guilty for even wanting to know. Then he’d met Ben last night and been offered information willingly and easily and he’d developed a taste for it. Now, he wondered about everyone he knew and where their awareness was. Trick was the first in a long line of people he planned to question.

Offline Pocky

• Wordsmith
  • Salty & Sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2019, 08:47:49 AM »
When the text came in Trick hesitated. He glanced over at the bin where he'd crumpled up the invitation and thrown it but of course it wasn't there now because Gia had fished it out and pestered their dad to take her. She'd worn him down because the event was free. Trick hadn't intended on missing out on his gym day just to shove junk food in his face while hanging out with his dad and sister, but now there was another option.

For Harm to have received an invitation meant at the very least he knew about non-humans. The only think Trick knew about him for sure was that he wasn't a water nymph. He looked back at his phone, checking how long it had been since getting the text. Five minutes. That was a big delay. He typed something instinctively and sent it.

Yes I got one. I can meet you there at the front gate.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2019, 08:59:25 AM »
Harm had shifted around restlessly, glancing at his frozen television screen thoughtfully as the time dragged on and there was still no reply from Trick. It reinforced the gravity of his question, despite him rushing to ask it. He was demanding Trick out himself, in a sense. It was a big deal.

His response came just as Harm sat up to start playing his game again, causing his heart to leap into his throat. Harm stared at the words on the screen, reading them over and over until they didn’t cause a giddy reaction in him.

That sounds great. I’m just an ally btw. Are you... more? His heart was fully throttling him now.

Offline Pocky

• Wordsmith
  • Salty & Sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2019, 09:06:12 AM »
There was a brief delay--nothing of the length he'd forced Harm to wait--before he got a reply. Trick looked up at the ceiling momentarily before staring back at the screen. His pulled his legs up, feet flat on the mattress and he rested his wrists on his knees, phone gripped in right hand. He looked around his bedroom for an answer but only saw posters, a messy desk, clothes on the floor and a curtain rippling in the breeze.

He moved his attention back to the phone.

We'll talk about it Saturday. What are you doing right now?

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2019, 09:45:36 AM »
Harm was disappointed but had to admit it was wise to delay the discussion. In person was always better (and even then you could never be sure who was listening, according to Luke). Besides, that question intrigued Harm enough to distract him away from pouting. He wondered if Trick was going to ask him if he could call and he’d get to hear his sexy voice in his ear while he tried to get to sleep. His imagination bloomed with wild and sexy possibilities as he answered, flavouring the tone of his text.

Right now I’m laying on my couch naked  ;D I was playing some video games before you texted, trying to make my eyes tired enough to sleep. I know it’s kind of early to be thinking about bed but I have a 7a.m. start tomorrow. What’re YOU doing?  :shifty:

Offline Pocky

• Wordsmith
  • Salty & Sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2019, 10:20:26 AM »
Trick grinned at the message and he stuck out his tongue at the word 'naked'. He glanced at the door, firmly shut, and he couldn't hear anything beyond the muffled sound of the TV downstairs. His dad had a habit of falling asleep in front of it but he also didn't invade privacy. Gia would be asleep already.

With his heart picking up speed, he texted back: I'm on my bed. I was looking at those pics you took of yourself on my phone. Got another for me?

Trick lowered his legs and scooched down, getting himself comfier on the bed. While waiting for Harm's message--or a picture--to come through, Trick set the phone down and took his sweater off, tossing it off the side of his bed onto the floor. He picked up his phone and tapped his way to his phone's camera next and held his phone in a few different places to get the best look. The overhead light was too harsh so he shuffled off the bed and flicked off the wall switch. The bedside lamp came on next and he returned to his position on the bed, fluffing the pillow so it was comfiest at his shoulders. He swept a hand through his hair a few times to get it right.

Then Harm's message came in and he went to check it.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2019, 11:45:56 AM »
Harm grinned delightedly at Trick's prompt for a picture. He wasn't sure he should get too crazy too quickly (which was unlike him) because Trick had been a perfect gentleman at the lake. Harm felt like he'd spook the guy if he didn't proceed with caution.

He hit the camera button beside his message window and lifted the phone over his head, taking a moment to play with his hair and turn his head slightly before he grinned up at the camera and snapped the shot he was happy with. He didn't fuss about the lighting, happy for the overhead to reveal every detail. The picture showed his whole upper body and cut off just where the vee line muscles from his hips started to converge at his pubic bone. Enough to get Trick thinking without being too much.

Glad you like my pics. I need more of you... especially of you in bed  ;) I'm not there yet. You think I should go get in bed to chat with you? he queried playfully to accompany his photo.

Regardless of Trick's answer, Harm was too distracted for video games now. He wanted to play with Trick instead. He grabbed his controller and saved the game before he shut everything off, getting up and finding his way to his bedroom via the light of his phone. On the way, he collected his favourite vibrator from where he'd left it on his bathroom sink and sat on the edge of the bed to read Trick's response.

Offline Pocky

• Wordsmith
  • Salty & Sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2019, 11:57:45 AM »
Trick saw there was an image with the message and he tapped the alert. His eyes widened at what Harm had sent him and a grin crept across his face. He'd texted a few compliments and deleted them and his gaze was fixed on the ceiling again for just the right response when Harm saved him with another text.

He had a quick answer but he wanted to send his own photo with it. He pushed his shorts down lower to align with Harm's own shot and extended his left arm, holding the phone in a position where it looked up his body and at him. After some deliberation, he put his right hand behind his head and flexed his muscles for the perfect shot, giving the phone as steamy a look as he could manage. With a grin too wide to be sexy and much closer to cheesy, he typed his response to go with his photo and sent it.

I think you should take me somewhere more private, yeah  :P

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2019, 12:30:49 PM »
"Damn, boy," Harm muttered as he gazed at Trick's photo, his body responding with eager twitches. He tapped the pic and zoomed in, admiring the muscular perfection on display no matter where he pinched or swiped.

He rather wished he had the real thing with him, in complete private, though there was something titillating about keeping his hands to himself, too. He'd touched Trick's shoulders and that was it (though he'd admired the brunette's physique openly). It made this feel like... a corruption of innocence or something. Pure, yet about to get blemished in the tastiest of ways. It had his heart skipping and his dick pulsing and nothing had even really happened!

I live alone so everywhere in my apartment is private but I'm in bed now. Wish you were here with me. I would lick every one of those delicious muscles of yours :licklips:

Harm got up to pull the covers of his bed back, then sat down again. He turned his bedside light on so that it lit him up clearly while he took another picture, sending it with his message; it was focussed on his face, the tips of two of his fingers split by his pink tongue curled in between them as he stared meaningfully into the camera.

Offline Pocky

• Wordsmith
  • Salty & Sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2019, 01:14:39 PM »
Trick felt the surprise on his face when he learnt Harm lived alone. A solitary apartment in the middle of the city--in Chinatown--without roommates to help with the rent? Trick had managed to save up enough money for a deposit on an apartment but the ongoing rent was going to be a nightmare on his wages. He'd barely have enough to cover rent, food and bills. It was the biggest reason why he still lived at home.

He shifted his focus to the second part of Harm's message. His tongue crept out as he imagined it but he put it back in his mouth quickly. His right hand stole to his shorts, adjusting himself. He shifted on the bed and deliberated before giving another quick glance at his closed door. Trick got out of bed and shucked off his shorts before crawling under the sheets. Then he looked at Harm's picture and his free hand wrapped around his throbbing dick, stroking it lightly with his fingertips and pretending it was Harm's tongue. For extra sensory input he put his fingers in his mouth to wet them and did it again. Throwing the sheet off, he took a candid shot of what he was doing and then inspected it. Without his face in the shot, his dick could belong to anyone - except two of his leather ties were on his wrist.

He sent it anyway, figuring Harm would do something better. He forgot to send a message to go with it and belatedly thumbed a short message after it.

Thinking about you doing it