Author Topic: A Late Night Interlude  (Read 4674 times)

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
A Late Night Interlude
« on: November 01, 2019, 05:24:07 AM »
For Seragil

After leaving her frustrated brother and his trapped soulmate, Kevla settled back in her room with a small shake of her head. Damn that had been akward. For those two had been seconds away from trying to sleep and then pouncing on each other. For it was the only way they could physically be together. It was not that she could blame them due to Naoise's cursed collar. For they both loved each other dearly and so craved the closeness that could be had with becoming one.

She couldn't help but flash back to her own time with Psych just a few hours prior. Just thinking back at it brought a fond smile to her face as well as a craving to see him again. The chemistry that laid between them had been just as electrifying as when they had first met at the library and she ached to know him better. It was nice to finally have someone of her own that she could confide in as well as to be with. For the longest time she had put off trying to find someone due to her needing to be there for her brother. Arutha had lost so much within the past few years but now he had someone who was slowly helping him heal. Now if only they could free Naoise from that blasted collar, everything would be mostly alright.

They would still need to move and likely soon. For who knew what else could come around the hotel beyond zombies of all things. There was still the same strange feeling in her gut when she thought of Arutha's and Naoise's recount of earlier that night. It was terrifying and yet it felt like the tip of the iceberg that could happen.

Out of a need to talk to someone, she pulled out her phone and almost began to text Psych. Though she thought better of it and decided to try and call him, hoping that he was still awake.
"It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways." -Siddhartha Buddha

Arutha, Declan, Kevla, Kieran, Mitrius

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: A Late Night Interlude
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 11:23:03 PM »
Psych leaned against the counter of the small kitchenette, a tub of icecream clutched in his hand and dressed in nothing but a blue fluffy towel that was wrapped haphazadely around his hips as he gazed unseeingly out of the window overlooking Siobhan's back garden, his mind filled with the imagery of something and someone far more interesting then the pretty plants and tall tree's shimmering with moonlight beneath the night sky. Siobhan had taken off to who knows where, all he had found was a hastily scrawled note saying she would be back later sometime. Her disappearance had been fortuitous as it had meant he had had the place to himself when Kevla visited shortly after.

He had felt an instant attraction to the mysterious and stunningly beautiful woman as soon as he saw her sitting at the table in the library. He had had to meet her, talk to her and could have kissed the scrunched up piece of paper she had pegged in his direction. as t had given him the opening to introduce himself to her and the rest of the intriguing group she was with, but mainly it had all been about her.

He hadn't thought things would progress so quickly, he had been willing to play the long game if that was what was needed but Kevla it would seem was a woman who wasn't afraid to claim that which she wanted. Life was too short for such games apparently.

He couldn't stop smiling as he sucked the last traces of choc mint ice cream off of the spoon that was currently dangling from his mouth. Next time Kevla was over she could be the spoon, or maybe he would be her spoon. They could be each others spoon. He smiled again at the idea and looked down at the towel swinging around his hips as his cock twitched and swelled in approval as well.

"Down boy, you've had your fun tonight already, you insatiable lout."

Shaking his head in wry amusement he chucked the spoon into the sink, recapped and returned the ice cream to the freezer and returned to his room. He was laying on his back, his hands tucked behind his head when his phone started ringing. At the name of the person calling him he smiled brightly and answered the call

"Hey." He said softly into the phone pressed against his ear and cheek as he smiled up at the ceiling above him. "Whats up?"

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 06:31:16 AM »
When she heard Psych pick up, Kevla let out a breath of relief as she settled herself on her bed. "Hey." she said softly, happy to hear his voice again. For even though they had barely known each other that long, Psych had that certain quality about himself that both calmed her and drew her in irresistibly. She was infinitely glad that their paths had crossed that fateful afternoon in the library. "I know that it hasn't been long, but I've already started missing you as cheesy as it is to admit, Psych." she said honestly with a smile, "So naturally I had to call you, but also I find myself needing to talk more before I crash tonight."

"I know that this is going to sound a little odd, but did anything weird happen after I left?" Kevla asked, hoping that it hadn't. For Psych's place had felt so safe and dare she think it protected when she had been there earlier. This was not to mention the fact that she was beginning to care about Psych. So she had to be sure that he was okay.

"The reason why I ask is because I came home to a bit of a shock. The area around the motel was trashed and my brother and Kit were missing. Now before you marshal up the calvary, they are home now, but they had a hell of a story to tell. Apparently an evil witch raised an small army of zombies and Kit almost died. On top of this, a group of magic users stopped her from what little I got out of Arutha. I know that this sounds so insane, but there was no mistaking the look on their faces when they got back. They had been so terrified and soul sick because they could have been separated for all time." she recounted from what little her brother and Naoise had told her about.

"They are better now and are together. And now we're going to have to find a safer place to stay and soon. Honestly it seems like we're magnets for trouble at times, but the good news is the we're going house hunting tomorrow." she said.
"It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways." -Siddhartha Buddha

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 06:14:11 PM »
"Wait, what?" He asked in shocked surprise as Kevla phone dumped something that sounded like a script from a combination of Supernatural and the Walking Dead into his lap. As she continued speaking he swung his legs off of the bed and sat up, his eyes bugging wider the more Kevla spoke.

"What do you man Kit nearly died? A zombie army where? A witch? What witch? Which witch? Who?'"

He shook his head as  he got off the bed and hurriedly got dressed into some discarded board shorts and a black GoT T-shirt depicting a dire wolf and the slogan Winter is Coming on it as Kevla continued telling him as much as she knew about the events of the zombie apocalypse.

"So Arutha and the cat are fine?" He asked as he pressed the phone between his shoulder and cheek and hopped around pulling his sneakers onto his feet. " I wonder if Siobhan was part of the group batting the undead. All she left was a shitty 'Somethings come up. Bbs' Bullshit note. I'm sure she will be fine tho. You're okay tho yeah? There's no zombies trying to attack you anything? He asked as he stumbled down stair and exited the cafe.

"You guys are not trouble magnets. You're staying in the nNorth, that place hasn't seen any leadership or had anyone looking out for it since the collapse of the Oligarchy. You're just in the wrong place if anyplace is a trouble magnet its the bloody North"

He swung his leg over his motorbike and smiled into the phone. " What is apparent however is that I can't leave you alone for a second." He started the engine and smiled into the phone "I'll be there shortly" he said as he hung up.

The streets were deserted and so the drive there was relatively quick. The devastation of the street Kevla lived on had his jaw dropping is shock however. It looked like a bloody war zone. Where the hell was the emergency personal. Surely this had been reported. Where were the police?

He pulled into the motel car park and saw Kevla standing outside what he assumed was her room and so parked there.

He quickly scanned her for any obvious injuries, assuring himself that she was okay before he cupped her face with his hands and kissed her.

"Hey" he said softly in greeting once they had parted.

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 03:02:52 PM »
Kevla hadn't meant to dump all of this on Psych but when she had started speaking all of the story came out. She couldn't blame him for being shocked. It was how she had felt when she had come home to the motel and saw the devastation around the area. She had immediately ran into her brother's room to try to find them and when she saw them missing she felt such panic. Arutha was her only brother and Naoise was as good as family. She honestly didn't know what she would do without them. Now talking with Psych now about it, she was realizing more of how she felt about him too.

She shook her own head in an effort to clear it of that terrible memory. "I'm sorry for dumping all of this on you like this. I just needed someone to talk to and you are at the top of my list. I do not know who was the witch. The one's to ask in the morning are Arutha and Kit." she continued before nodding as she heard him move around his room.

"Yes, they are. They are now in their room resting." she added. She didn't need to go into detail about what she suspected about their more intimate plans, "I'm okay, Psych. I'm not hurt. Just a little rattled with everything, but there are no signs of any zombies around here at the moment. Whatever caused them to rise in the first place seems to be over with." The evidence of her still jangled nerves laid in her still wearing the same flirty black skirt and jewel blue tee-shirt she had when she had gone to see Psych in the first place.

At the sound of his reassuring words, she let herself relax a little more. "I know that you're probably right but with everything that had happened so far it is hard not to think that." she admitted with a small shrug. She only knew a little bit about the districts and how they were governed. "Still for all our weird luck, a couple good things have come out of it. My brother meeting Kit and me meeting you." she pointed out a bit warmly. After all who knew when she had thrown that scrunched up paper back at the library, they would have ended up as close as they had gotten.

Kevla's heart easily lifted more when Psych said that he was going to come over even though he didn't have to. She had been used to dealing with problems on her own. So it was nice to have someone riding in to her rescue and caring about her for a change beyond her brother. "I'll see you soon." she said before they hung up. Afterwards, she slipped back on her flats and went to wait outside for him.

When Kevla saw him arrive, her features brightened and she went to him, letting him fuss before kissing him back."Hey." she greeted softly, plainly happy to see him, "Thank you for coming."

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2019, 09:15:15 PM »
He smiled warmly as he cupped her face within his hand and caressed her cheek with his thumb before kissing her again.

" I wouldn't want to be anywhere else" He murmured against her lips before pulling away again and flicked his eyes to the closed door and room beside the open door behind her. Had they seen Siobhon tonight? He wondered briefly. If so was she okay? Questions for the morning perhaps

"Your brother and the cat I presume?" He asked  softly. He then flicked his gaze to the open door behind them and smiled broadly. " And yours?" He asked with a mischievously raised eyebrow. Not waiting for an answer he entwined his hand through hers and started walking backwards towards it. His eyes and smiled tuned entirely on Kevla

It was amazing and terrifying how quickly he had developed feeling for this strange and amazing woman. He had been a playboy and happy with it before he got shot in the head with a scrunched up paper bullet, they were still practically strangers and instead of scaring him this fact left him wanting to know her, in every way.

"Come on, show me your room and then tell me everything you know about what happened tonight as we snuggle" he said as he tugged playfully on her hand.

Offline MementoMori

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2019, 11:32:06 AM »
Kevla's smile couldn't help but grow at his words as she returned his kiss. For the first time since she had come home, she felt like she could truly relax now that Psych was there. Yes it was true that they were still very much strangers in many ways, but Psych was already far from just a fling of hers. She was starting to care alot alot more about him than she would normally for one of her beaus. This thought should have scared her but instead in him she felt like she had an equal and an incredible person who understood her. It just made her want to know him all the more and to truly be his.

Ever since she had met both of her brother's epic loves, Micah and Naoise, she had craved finding someone of her own. She never would have thought that throwing a piece of scrunched up paper at someone's head would lead to this, but damn she had no complaints. Psych was just what she needed.

"Yes it is mine." Kevla finally answered with a small laugh as she let herself be tugged towards her room. "Snuggling with you sounds simply divine." she added.

One would not have though Kevla's room to be just a motel one. For she had completely made it her own. There was a plush looking sapphire blue comforter covering her bed with a matching collar pillows. She had also put up a couple posters against the far wall. The first was an vivid image of the eagle nebula that she had fallen in love with. The next was of a library of books that different portions of them had come alive, like fairys and other magical creatures. This poster reminded her of when as a child she had first opened up a book and adored the story.