Author Topic: Segue  (Read 28722 times)

Offline Seragil

• Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: Segue
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2020, 03:55:22 AM »
It hurt, the look. He opened his mouth to say something, defend himself maybe but shut it as Dana turned and once again attacked him with her drunken half truths and vitriol. Fuck it, why did he even bother. people will think what they want anyway. As Trick turned his back on him and walked towards Dana he felt something break a little and shift within him, turning a little darker, a little colder. He straightened his spine and stood taller and squared his shoulders as he watched the trio with a touch of sadness in his eyes, quickly shuttered behind a cool aloofness.

"Well, we are all entitled to our opinions. You seem to be in capable hands Miss Fields. I guess all I can do is wish you all a good night and safe travels."

Dana was drunk and arguing with one never achieved anything, she also seemed to be one who held onto what she believed regardless of truth. Trick and Harm...time will tell or not but it was obvious they were done with him for the night. he offered harm a turning up of the corners of his mouth and a small nod of his head before doing the expected and blinked out of their proximity. Doing so much Traveling so quickly in such a short span of time was going to have some serious repercussions but he didn't care, vomiting and migraines were better then being where he wasn't wanted or welcomed. His sister was right. no one outside their cluster would ever accept him.

Which was total bullshit he decided as he hugged the porcelain throne in his bathroom a few seconds later and emptied everything he had inside him, his head feeling like it was being cleaved over and over again with a sledgehammer. he wouldn't, couldn't believe that.

Offline Ehcorn

• Wordsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2020, 02:50:38 PM »
Dana wouldn’t have been surprised if Phoenix had spewed some bullshit about how deathmatches weren't actually fought to the death, the term was just a figure of speech, and they didn’t force anyone to participate anyway, so what was the harm? But he didn’t. He blinked out of existence.

Now for the questions she hadn’t gotten around to answering because Phoenix had needed to make a dramatic exit.

She rolled her eyes skywards, the same direction the tall dark-haired guy had looked when he'd asked her point-blank if she was a werewolf. 

"If you were trying to find the moon, it’s not full yet," she said with a ghost of a smile. "So you don’t gotta worry about me shifting on the way." Dana looked back down, eyes widening before she blinked hard and blew a raspberry. God, the spins should be over by now. She waited until the world leveled out, took a deep breath, and dredged on. "As for… for the pack? My guess is you survive the deathmatch, you get in. I’m not sure, though. I’m not part of it. Just writing about them." She shrugged and pulled on the strap of her messenger satchel back onto her shoulder when it began to slip off.

"Or was. Don’t know where the fuck I’m gonna get sources now."

Offline Pocky

• Wordsmith
  • Salty & Sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2020, 10:34:37 PM »
Trick didn't see Phoenix blink away as his attention was focussed elsewhere.

"Writing about them and getting sources," Trick repeated the words a touch slower than the woman--Miss Fields--had slurred them but a whole lot clearer. "You're a werewolf journalist?" His eyes sidled to the side towards Harm. "Like a mummy blogger?" He laughed to himself as the trio reached his car in their shambling way. "Holy shit! I just thought of how that could be a thing, like with the wrappings and the desert and stuff," he said. "Mummy blogger," he repeated, looking from Harm to the drunk woman and back again.

"Tsst," he sounded beneath his breath while unlocking the car doors. After turning his key to the accessories, he opened the back door and pressed down the window button so that fresh air would pound whoever sat in the back. "Are you sitting in the back with her?" he asked Harm.