Author Topic: Incan Aftermath  (Read 14088 times)

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Incan Aftermath
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2020, 09:24:55 PM »
Harm blinked dazedly, licking the taste of Trick off his lips and doing his best to focus on the conversation after a kiss that revved his body into a state of heightened awareness. His skin was burning. It was definitely getting hot in here, how did Trick manage with clothes on? It was baffling.

He wanted to undo buttons. Trick needed to be naked. Harm swallowed thickly and shuffled around again, finding that pulling his finger out of a place he'd stuck it with perfect charm and aplomb was much more difficult when you were loopy with lust.  Even his feet tangled with each other, causing him to clutch at Trick momentarily before he straightened as coolly as possible. Luckily, he didn't rip a button off.

Clearing his throat, Harm started unloosing buttons as seductively as he was able, beginning at Trick's throat. "So instead of talking it out to find out for sure you'd... what? Leave? Dump me before I could dump you?" he asked, quirking an eyebrow as he chanced a look upwards at Trick's face.

Fuck, he was beautiful. Was it possible someone could get better looking just because they were being emotionally vulnerable? Harm thought so. Definitely. It was right in front of him. Undeniable, really.

Offline Pocky

• Wordsmith
  • Salty & Sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2020, 10:00:11 PM »
Trick's hands lowered to hold onto Harms waist as he was being undressed.

“You stopped talking. I can’t make you,” he explained with a shrug. “Your opinion of me changed and I couldn’t—“ his voice cracked on the final word, interrupting his sentence. He shrugged again. “I can’t live up to your praise. I’m not awesome or amazing or strong. I’m just figuring my way and trying not to fuck up too hard, like you.”

His fingers twitched, their desire to run through Trick's hair restrained.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2020, 10:26:37 PM »
As if on cue, the words dried up on Harm's tongue again. Had his opinion of Trick changed? It sounded so dire, said like that. He mulled it over before he spoke, watching his fingers finally work their shit out and finish unbuttoning Trick's shirt. When it was done, he parted the sides and slid in between them, wrapping his arms about Trick's waist and pressing their chests together. Tucking his head beneath Trick's chin - no meant feat, considering he wasn't that short - he found his words.

"I just... needed a bit of time to think. I mean, I knew what you'd been through, that was true, but the way you said it tonight... it was like intellectual, theoretical knowledge versus actual knowledge and my brain worried because it sounded so much... more. It didn't change my opinion of you so much as introduce me to a deeper understanding of you. Which, I guess, is a change so I'm sorry you thought that," he murmured, rubbing his hands gently up and down Trick's back.

"Seriously. How long do I ever shut up for? I'd have thought you'd enjoy the peace and quiet," he joked but he also winced. "Sorry. I know it's not funny. I guess my point is that I didn't think so poorly of you I didn't still want you, so, in future, please don't leave. Talk to me."

Offline Pocky

• Wordsmith
  • Salty & Sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2020, 03:56:02 AM »
Trick closed his eyes and sighed when Harm pressed close to him, skin on skin. The heat of him was distinct. Trick's personal furnace. Neither of the woke up cuddling if it was a warm morning.

Harms words could be felt in this position as well as heard. Trick relished the rumble until the final request, which he denied.

“Hey. You don't get to give me the silent treatment and also dictate how I react to it.”

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2020, 10:27:42 AM »
Harm huffed a sigh, worming his way out from under Trick's chin so that he was more comfortably nuzzling his neck and his hot breath washed over it. "It wasn't the silent treatment," he pouted grudgingly, "it was just thinking and shutting up so I didn't piss you off. Then when it looked like you were going anyway I figured I couldn't make it any worse," he muttered, hugging Trick instinctively tighter at the thought of him going. Ugh. He wouldn't have handled that well and they'd only been together a week.

"I need a symbol," he decided, withdrawing a hand from Trick's back and raising it awkwardly above his own head, his fist closed but for his index finger extended towards Trick's nose. It twirled in a tight circle like he was trying to hypnotise Trick with it, wavering dangerously close to his eye as Harm explained its purpose. "Like a loading thingy on a computer. To show you I'm processing and don't give up yet."

Or he could just keep talking so it didn't seem like he was giving the silent treatment but his mouth tended to get him into more trouble than out of it if he gave it free rein. It was a damn tightrope alright but the fact that Trick had actually got up and grabbed his shoes told him that he still had to be cautious. Trick was a thoroughbred, a high-performing, insanely pretty, highly strung beast; he was too easily spooked by the likes of Harm, who was a heavy-footed, lumbering bovine by comparison.

He frowned, wondering at all these strange, animal-based metaphors. It was a good thing Trick couldn't read his brain, really.

Offline Pocky

• Wordsmith
  • Salty & Sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2020, 11:54:43 AM »
Trick snorted laughter. "Or you could use your words. Things like 'give me a minute to unpack this' or the classic 'I need to think'." The amusement left his voice before his next words. "I felt judged and you felt undervalued, but we're holding one another now, okay?"

Trick's arms left Harm's waist to properly wrap around him, a hand caressing between his shoulder blades in a soothing gesture.

"We got this."