Author Topic: The Departure  (Read 12038 times)

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Re: The Departure
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2020, 08:12:31 PM »
Ben noticed the mention of Kerr's actions were absent, that he was focussing on Cain and that the mortal would like attention from Ben. Such a thing was a given but he didn't make a joke or sarcastic remark over it. He knew what Kerr was really saying; don't push. He'd apologised for pushing, after all.

"So we're leaving. You and me and Cain. For an indeterminate time." Ben thought saying such a thing would make him feel pressure to stay but it was a relief. He could easily imagine missing his home because this city was always going to be his home, but it could bustle and shift and cope without him. It might become something he couldn't recognise, in the end. He'd always wanted to be well-travelled. Why not start now?

"I feel absurdly out of my depth yet excited to get started." He pulled back to smile his eagerness at Kerr, looking young and innocent again for the first time since the very beginning. It didn't hurt that he still looked nineteen.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: The Departure
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2020, 01:36:01 AM »
Kerr smiled down at Ben, his expression openly adoring as he pressed his curled hands either side of Ben's face and smoothed over his cheekbones with his thumbs. He stared for a few strokes, lulled by the synchronous movements of his digits back and forth across his love's face, but then his mouth quirked into a wry smile, proof he was thinking about far more than just the pretty countenance before him.

"Well, I'd tell you not to worry because you'll be with me but the truth is... I'm more of a liability than an asset," he chuckled, his expression apologetic. "If we're there to stay and properly explore, you'll soon learn my name's mud in more than a few cities - not because of anything I did," he assured hastily when he saw Ben begin to look a way he interpreted as confused. "Because of Sawyl, of course. We spent the better part of four hundred years travelling all over because there were very few circles, councils, cabals or cliques that Sawyl didn't manage to offend, plunder or attempt to destroy. As his fledge and attempted peacemaker, I was usually the face they got to see and spit at."

Again, mirth shook Kerr's chest lightly, his smile wry. He hadn't been in this city long enough for anyone in Europe to forget Kerr's first family - and their hundreds of misdeeds - yet, unfortunately.

"I'm afraid my sire hasn't left us much of a legacy in the European supernatural circles," he admitted, dropping his hands to cup Ben's ass, his expression turning cheeky. "Maybe you and Cain will be pretty enough to distract them from remembering how much they hated Wyl and the twins and you can convince them I'm not such a bad guy, huh? Wha'd'ya think? Care to be my diplomacy doll, hmm?" he murmured, grabbing Ben's ass a little more roughly and dropping his head to suck and nibble at Ben's throat, implying he was intending to use him and treat him like a whore.