Author Topic: Mortal Reconnection  (Read 7827 times)

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Mortal Reconnection
« on: December 24, 2020, 07:43:09 PM »
Waking up in Kerr's arms the next day and feeling peckish, Ben remembered his promise to Cain the instant before opening his eyes. As usual, Kerr was awake before him and watching him. He narrowed his eyes and smiled, caressing hands up Kerr's side to get to his face. He cupped it.

"I can't believe you're not yet bored of watching me sleep," he said, his voice husky and unused.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Mortal Reconnection
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 10:37:44 PM »
Kerr chuckled heartily at Ben's opening statement, delighted by his words because they were so unexpected. He grinned as he leant forward to kiss the tip of Ben's nose, enjoying the warmth that emanated in his chest simply because he got to hear Ben's sexy waking up voice.

"I don't actually just lie here mooning at you, you know," Kerr chastised playfully, shuffling down onto his side and supporting his head with his hand, his elbow burrowed into his pillow. His other hand was wedged between them, the backs of his fingers stroking Ben gently.

"It's just that, when you're about to wake up, you do this cute little wiggle with your nose and your lips twitch so I know exactly when to start looking at you so I can see you open your eyes." His grin turned mischievous, his eyes twinkling. "Plus, you finally stop kicking me, so that's a bonus."

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Re: Mortal Reconnection
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2020, 04:58:14 PM »
"I kick you?" Ben asked as if this was the first time he'd heard it. There was a vague memory of Kerr teasing him about it in the past but it had been a while since it had been mentioned or described. "I wouldn't do that," he denied.

Ben's thumb caressed over Kerr's lips and he wriggled to get closer so he could lay a soft peck there.

"Are you okay to call Cain in here with us?" he asked, hoping that his request wouldn't spoil their cosy mood.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :