Author Topic: Re: Haunted  (Read 27301 times)

Uzaki

Re: Haunted
« on: February 11, 2006, 08:49:04 AM »
You should hide.

Yes, hide before he finds us.

Us?

You must kill him!

No, kill yourself before he finds out…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Micca awoke with a startled gasp, fist grabbing the moist shirt now clinging to his torso, body shivering lightly in the cool air of his apartment and from the troubled nightmares that plagued his mind both during his wake and sleep. The room was dark, all except for the flickering light of a neon sign outside his window, and silent. Leaving him with nothing to do but listen to the sound of his thundering heart and somewhere above his neighbours enjoying a roll in the sack.

Rubbing the sweat out of his eyes he threw his naked legs over the edge of the bed, sucking in air as feet touched the unforgiving floorboards. Gathering his mind from the gutter his hand reached the night table, searching for the package of cigarettes he usually left there. For times like this. Fingers slid over the plastic surface and his lips quirked in victory, gathering the small box and holding it softly in his hand as if it would bring him comfort.

His eyes unfocused for a moment, staring at the silhouette of his arm, and he thought back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The recent experience had left him shaken and created a ripple in his usual habits. He’d (to his utter horror) cut down on the alcohol and instead drastically increased the daily amount of cigs smoked. During day he continued to try and shut the ‘others’ out of his life, the ones no one but him appeared to be able to see, and during night he tried to chase away the paranoid feelings that kept building around him like walls. Closing and trapping him like a bird building his own cage.

At times, when he was high on fatigue and painkillers, he spoke to the visions that came to see him. They whispered worriedly to him, of their fears and their secrets, speaking of the one they saw around him like an ill shadow. They feared him and that knowledge caused Micca to shiver in anticipation and dread.

The city changed during this short time. People claiming to have met creatures of the dark were locked up, pumped full with morphine and told it was all an insane illusion caused by some gas. Micca wondered if he perhaps too was mentally ill, if he perhaps should turn himself in and spend the rest of his life as a vegetable.

But as soon as he saw himself strapped to a bed the thought seemed preposterous. And then the ‘others’ became braver, more insistent.

I can tell you something about the shadow, if you give me something in return.

A small spirit had offered, white eyes smirking into his own delirious ones as he had awoken from another nightmare. It sat across his chest, cold legs straddling and holding him in place with a force he’d never felt, a see-through hand touching the side of his cheek. Leaving small crystals of frost in its wake.

I can show you its secret, if you give me my release. If you…

Then it had silenced, glanced to the side and out the window before dissolving into his bedroom. That had been the day before yesterday and after that visit Micca had for the first time in five days numbed himself in a bottle of whiskey.

Life and unlife was tearing him apart, slowly and piece by piece. The last time he’d seen the same figure move out of his field of sight he’d opened his mouth to shout something after it, only to close it again. For he found nothing to say to the other and no one to shout at but a distant feeling of recognition in the pit of his stomach.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Micca stood, bringing the package along and moving through the dark bedroom, glancing at the digital watch. It beamed 04:23 at him with angry, red letters. With a small push the door to the minimal, almost too small for two people to stand on, balcony opened and he stepped out into the cold night. Goosebumps spread like wildfire across his skin, nipples hardening painfully against the stiff material of his shirt.

A sigh and he leaned against the railing, fingers starting to work on fishing out a cigarette as grey eyes scanned the street for something to take his mind of certain things.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 03:27:09 PM »
Monet was on the balcony with Micca, managing to do this using a combination of his supernatural abilities, and stealthily as well. The game of hide and seek was over, the promise of things to come had arrived, and now here he stood behind him, watching the man that had evaded Ruben\'s infantile attempt at friendship.

"I can help you, Michael."

The words were spoken softly, but no doubt would startle the man who was a mere five feet away from him, with Monet near the wall and Micca at the railing.

Monet was tall, but not imposingly so, standing at six foot two. Well dressed in a suit, but not too stiffly for he was without the suit jacket. His gaze was locked on Micca with an intensity that many people of this day and age failed to match. His dark blue eyes looked almost black in the low light that shone from the city, light brown hair wisped and curled just above his shoulders. It might even have been a dark blonde, it was hard to tell in this light.

"You know I can help you," he said, the rich tone of his voice soothing, as though he were attempting to lull Micca into a sense of security, like a warm blanket wrapping about his person, cloaking and shielding him. His voice was hypnotic, and most certainly had that quality.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Uzaki

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 06:27:06 PM »
“Huh?”

A startled rush of breath, causing the object in his mouth to slip and fall from the edge of his lip. Twisting forward and in air rolling and tumbling down to meet the hard street beneath them, but there was no one to see this happen ‘cause eyes that had opened in chock was now turned in another direction.

Head turned as his body had twisted before his mind could register what happened and now they rested on the intruder standing on his balcony. Time seemed to slow down, his heartbeat becoming a distant thump in the back of his head as his lips parted once again but with the intention to speak. Or scream. Or do anything.

But nothing came.

Micca knew he should’ve been afraid or perhaps even angry, but he couldn’t seem to find any of those feelings available at the moment. It surprised him perhaps more then the visitor, and caused him to take a step backwards only to have the railing push back and halt his movement. The words spoken seemed to be the only thing he could focus on, that and a nagging feeling in the back of his head he couldn’t quite place. His fingers cramped around the package, certainly crushing many of his cigs.

“I…” He’d tried to speak again, tried to summon and use any of the words he always seemed to work his magic with, but the sentence was lost into the night like a small whisper. His thoughts were calm and vague, attention resting on the other, and for the first time in a long time he was left speechless.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 08:27:31 PM »
Monet\'s tiny smile was unwavering, his lips upturned ever so slightly, open eyes staring at Michael without blinking, a male form of the Mona Lisa gazing adoringly and secretively at Micca\'s surprised expression.  The mask of stillness wasn\'t even permeated by breath, the only things that moved were his clothing and hair in the slight breeze.  He could\'ve been a mannequin.

A talking mannequin.

"You know, Michael," he said, continuing to speak in a calm, soothing manner.  "You know who I am, why I\'m here."  A hand with long artistic fingers rose to touch himself gently upon the chest, fingertips brushing lightly upon the material of the shirt, over his heart which was as still as he had been when Micca had first turned to look at him.  "In your heart," he said, and took slow steps forward, towards the gifted mortal man - once he was close enough he moved his hand towards Micca\'s chest, so that he perform the same gesture over his heart.

Uzaki

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 05:37:58 AM »
Of course I know!

He wanted to shout, they wanted to shout, at the other. Because he did know in a way that made his mind reel and fall inside his head, an ungraspable feeling of recognition and fear towards this man he’d never actually seen and never actually met. But still…

Something about those haunting eyes strung a chord in his heart. He swallowed; sweat threatening to break out even as the night air was cool enough to leave frost on his windows when morning would finally arrive. Despite the other’s hypnotising voice his heart was split, half of it wanted nothing more but to give the other anything he could possibly want from Micca and that knowledge caused his cheeks to turn a soft shade of red. The other half felt nothing but fear and some unidentifiable emotion that could perhaps be associated with hate or loathing, causing his eyes to harden as they met the others.

Yet Micca was bound.

As He drew closer.

Michael. Cool lips touched the tip of his ear, eyes widening in surprise as he continued to watch the other approach in slow motion. Fingers ran down his spine, causing him to shiver at the time Monet came to a halt not far from his frozen form. Kill, rip his throat open. She demanded of him, her fear multiplying with his own, biting of the invisible words beside him and the air vibrated softly around them. He found us, you, he knows. ki…

I’m not strong enough! His mind finally snapped out, mentally shoving away her presence and whoever else was trying to touch his mind. A shaky breath was let out. Alone again he became aware of the hand just about to touch the outsides of his heart, his fearful and thundering heart, held inside the body that seemed to have a mind of its own. Refusing to move away or even raise a hand to beat the intruding fingers away.

For now, it seemed as he could do nothing but stand there.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 10:05:10 PM »
He closed the distance between them, his final step forward bringing his reaching hand to Micca\'s chest, a light touch - deceptively warm because of the heat generated by his own body upon the shirt, not a strong enough press for icy fingertips to cool it down.  Monet\'s head angled slightly to the right, lips parting in a seductive manner, lids heavy as he mesmerised the other into hypnotic security.

"You\'ve only been hearing one voice in your ear," Monet continued in his reasonable tone before another step was taken, though the touch of his hand over Micca\'s heart remained light.  His arm bent at the elbow so the pressure remained constant, not breaking the weaving of his lulling spell with something as slight as change.  "There is nothing but guilt and blame if you follow that path."

Another step and now Micca would feel the hard bodied and cool presence as it touched him lightly, Monet\'s hand trapped beneath them now, but easily pulled away if he so wished.  His head angled further until he leaned forward and his lips were near Micca\'s left ear.  "Better that you realise that there are different directions... best that you don\'t follow someone else\'s path at all."

A threat?  Helpful advice?  It was said warmly, and Monet pulled back excrutiatingly slowly while his other hand rose to caress Micca\'s nape.

Uzaki

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 08:08:15 AM »
(Oi my darling, forgive me for not replying sooner. It\'s stuff, but i\'m back from the dead ^__^ Loves ya, missed ya. Missed the RP T_T )

It was odd. Odd that the world suddenly seemed to revolve around the small balcony and how sound other then the mesmerizing voice of the other were shut out, focus falling on nothing else then the small space right outside his apartment. Not that it mattered; as the only thing he could focus on were the words breathed his way, spoken only to him and meant for only him and no one else. The thought made him strangely pleased.

Touches made his heart skip beats as his eyelids fell heavily, closing halfway as he found himself completely relaxed. Fingers finally releasing their hold on the small package, said item landing with a soft thud between the two, long forgotten. Micca’s resolve (what little he’d had) was falling apart and that quickly so.

As the other finally pulled back he released a breath he didn’t know he’d held only to suck it in at the cool touch to his skin. The contrast returning some of his sense, enough for him to mumble a few words of objection as weak as they were “Don’t touch me” His voice sounded odd, distant and dreamy. Perhaps it wasn’t his voice, he wasn’t sure of much at the moment.

It was a pitiful response to the other’s short monolog and had Micca been in his right state of mind he’d surely found something wittier to say or at least something cleverer and smart. But he wasn’t and he hadn’t. The words spoken spun slowly in his head, what little wit untouched by the vampire tried to register and work out what’d been said. It felt as an eternity before it made sense, in reality a few seconds had passed after his first full sentence had been mouthed. And for some reason his mouth moved again.

“I’m not…” it was breathed out softly, sounding more like he was trying to seduce the other rather then to tell him off.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006, 06:43:37 PM »
XD  I had to try and remember what Monet was up to... I got it now

"Of course you\'re not," Monet agreed.  "You know not to follow a path blindly.  You know to weigh up all the consequences of each option.  You know not to mess with power."

Monet\'s smile was fixed, his hand touching over Micca\'s heart and feeling the beat that pulsed through the flesh and shirt that covered it.

"You have a gift," Monet told him, "or a curse, depending on whether you wish to be left alone or not."

His voice changed slightly, the desire to learn from the human was interfering with his hypnosis.  Supernatural or not, powerful or not, he couldn\'t afford to be distracted.

Uzaki

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2006, 07:54:16 AM »
A small sweat had finally broken out, a thin layer of sweat forming on his brow from the stress his body built up for him were his mind wouldn’t respond. It wasn’t much but just enough to make a small drop trickle down his spine, a subdued shiver wandered up the same way the drop came down and ebbed out just bellow his neck. Micca didn’t notice, occupied with a more attention demanding situation.

With no doubt he’d always seen his ability as a mix of both gift and curse, as it really was the same thing, just as the vampire had stated. Blinking once he fixated his eyes on the other again, a hazy look over him even as his mind tried to see through the foglike blanket trying to wrap around it.

You’re messing” he accused, voice still hushed, using the vampires’ choice of word. Remembering that the other shouldn’t be here though at the same time it felt like he should. Micca was confused, keeping his sentences short so he wouldn’t forget what he was saying “I have never…” the words escaped him, getting lost somewhere between his brain and mouth.

He shut his mouth, not wanting to gape like a fish on dry land, and once again tried to focus. Trying to swallow the lump in his throat.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2006, 09:01:14 PM »
"I want you to do something for me," Monet said, a leering tone creeping into his voice, his desire for this demand to be met well overtaking his concentration on keeping the hypnosis going. He knew he would have to break the spell in any event, best to let Michael pull out of it at the beginning of a negotiation. "I will reward you," he whispered, pressing his cheek to Micca\'s - smooth and cold skin drifting over Micca\'s face, the breathy promise washing over mortal flesh.

Monet\'s not-quite-trapped hand slid out from between their bodies, coiling around Micca\'s side and then pressing the other to himself, in a mockery of an intimate dance.  The mental alluring was almost done with, now he worked on the physical side - hoping that his proximity would intimidate, or perhaps affect him in the same way as Ruben.  It would depend on how shallow Micca was.  Other than his powers and the inability that the alcoholic had to help anybody, he could very well be selfish and shallow - it was certainly a viable risk.

Uzaki

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2006, 07:53:11 AM »
Logic was returning, and the world slowly crept back as he became more aware of the sounds around them as well as the cold. But even as he was aware of this it wasn’t something he bothered with, still caught up in the dreamy state as if slowly waking up from sleep though he hadn’t been asleep in the first place. The other had his undivided attention, spell or not as it was hard to focus on anything else.

The closeness made him uncomfortable and in the same breath it made him wanton, or at least his body responded as his mind started to clear. He blinked, listening to the words even as they brought another shiver up his spine where the cool cheek hadn’t been enough. Even in his waking state, mind still dazed he thought he knew what the other was trying to do. Or no, that was a lie. He didn’t really understand but somehow he knew what he was suggesting, or partly.

His heart had sped up slightly, a tingling sensation spreading where the hand rested and he found himself slightly baffled. It passed, and having regained the ability to move his limbs a hand of his own settled on the vampires’ hip. An instinctual defence, as if it would keep the other away though he couldn’t possibly keep the other away with force. “Just tell me what you want” he bit out, glad he now seemed able to speak even as it still came out rather breathy.

“and stop touching me” It was both a plea and a demand, head turning to the side to get away from the skin contact. “...I’m confused” he admitted, for even as he was once again thinking it was hard to when the other was so close. Scaring him and making it hard to focus. It was the others presence, rolling of him more intense then anything Micca had ever felt from anyone else. Perhaps it was power, or intent, it was undecided but it still affected him. It wasn’t really strong but Miccas sensitive mind made it easier for him to pick up, as if he had an mental amplifier built into his mind.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2006, 07:54:06 AM »
Confused?  Monet\'s smile widened at this confession.  Of course Micca was confused, and Monet was here to blur the lines a little more before his plan was put into action.

"Stop touching you?" Monet asked quietly, reaching up to turn Micca\'s face back around so that he could peer at the mortal from a very close distance.  Tilting his head slightly, as though going in for a kiss, Monet held that position a moment, his fingers controlling Micca\'s head by the chin.  He could read the accelerated heartrate, the bewildered desire in Micca\'s eyes.  He wasn\'t humble enough to defy knowledge of his own beautiful appearance.  Couple with mental domination that made it hard to resist him, he also wasn\'t egotistical enough to know that if they\'d passed in the street, that Micca might not even have looked twice.

The world was filled with beauty, after all.  It wasn\'t that special.

He pressed forward anyway, his cold lips touching the mortal\'s warm set.  First it was gentle, brushing sensitive mouths upon each other, then opening slightly further a seeking tongue came out to stroke against Micca\'s lips, swiping along the bottom before licking across the top.  Should Micca try to pull back, he wouldn\'t be able, for Monet had a gentle but prepared grip on his jaw now.

With Micca\'s mind open to Monet (even though now it was closing off), the kiss would be a memory of desire from the mortal to the vampire.  Even if the human defied this to himself (for just because someone was physically attracted to someone else didn\'t mean that they were unable to control themselves around them), Monet would still know there was a connection - though forced - between them.

Not that he minded forcing himself on Micca now, kissing him was pleasant enough.  His mouth worked further, making the kiss more intimate, his body pressed against Micca\'s firmly.  Once it was over Monet stepped away and waited for Micca\'s daze to completely leave him.  He stood about four feet away, closer to the balcony door.

"You\'re in the middle of this now, Michael," he said once he was sure the other was mostly out of his spell.

Uzaki

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2006, 06:58:52 PM »
Another sort of daze hade settled over him; a mixture of dismay and fascination. It lasted through most of the kiss, where he found himself tense and frozen in spot. Making no move to kiss neither back nor anything to push the other away, standing there as an unresponsive half-wit and only during the last part where the vampire became impossible to ignore did his body finally respond. Or react at least. Lips parting and letting out a held back moan, causing it to sound like he was in pain rather then turned on.

Glad that the other finally pulled away he steadied himself against the railing, leaning against it and managing to breathe again.

It wasn’t as if he’d never kissed before, Micca was quite the seducer when he wanted, but he’d never felt anything quite as this contradiction of repulsion and want, fear and excitement. All at the same time and had been enough to leave him rigid and uncomfortable. Blinking he dared to look at the other again, awake but still reflecting confusion now mingled with embarrassment and anger. Over what he wasn’t sure, not that he needed a reason and supposedly there were reasons enough.

“Bastard” he finally breathed, despite a large and generous vocabulary this was what he came out with. He would have laughed if not for the situation. “Just leave me alone” all of you, almost a plea but he made no move to act. Not knowing what he could do, afraid to get closer to the other “I’ll…” what? Throw insults, pointless and ridiculous threats? What could he do? “…” shutting his mouth, he swallowed and finally pushed off the railing. Not pausing, continuing forward with the intention of retreating into his apartment, to rethink his action.

He would either make it or not, being no fool to think he could leave unless Monet let him.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2006, 08:33:18 PM »
Monet\'s smile twitched a little as the insult was ground out.  He\'d expect as much, maybe a worse word.  It was not a nice thing he\'d done, dominating.  It never left a nice feeling in the mind of the one he\'d forced himself onto.  Why would he expect Micca to throw himself at him?  He wouldn\'t.  He was more likely to try and throw him out.

When Micca stepped past him, Monet turned his head and watched the mortal stalk into the apartment.  The vampire followed without hesitation, stealthily, and shut the door behind himself, before Micca had a chance to.

"Michael," he began, still using Micca\'s full name because this was how he thought of the man.  "If she contacts you again, you will tell her about me.  You will tell her I visited you."

He waited for Micca to react to this demand.

Uzaki

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2006, 09:08:58 PM »
The feeling of success was brief, knocked down a pin or two of the closing door and he didn’t need to turn around to know he wasn’t alone. So he stood, glancing to the bed and the forgotten bottle beneath it. Hidden in shadows but visible because he knew it was there, hidden a few days back because of some reason he’d repressed. Disgust maybe.

Doing his best to ignore the other and walked over to the bed, sitting down and feeling very old for his age. Looking at the vampire and thinking how odd it was to see someone standing and talking in his apartment, and not wound up on his bed. A frown at the thought before it changed into confusion yet again.

A shiver of dread, at the mention of her again, almost having forgotten, almost.

“Why?” he asked, fingers playing with pale sheets, but continued before getting an answer “She’ll know…” a defeated tone, somehow knowing it wouldn’t be pleasant “I’ll tell her, but I wouldn’t call it visit more like intrusion” An odd try at a joke, forced from the tension still present.

Licking his lips nervously (still remembering the kiss and imagining he could taste something vague upon them) Micca kept looking at the other, silently wondering what would happen now. Not knowing or daring to guess but hoping it would involve something where he was left to his own devises. "Is it enough? Or is there something else you desire?" He questioned, unsure if he really wanted to know.