Author Topic: Re: Haunted  (Read 27302 times)

Uzaki

Re: Haunted
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2006, 05:44:55 PM »
A glance at Monet and he slipped inside, hands in lap and legs pulled up from nervousness.

He’d mentally toyed with the thought of trying to escape from the moment he’d been let up from his own bed, imagined clubbing the vampire to unconsciousness and then haul the corpse out the hall. Later he’d imagined pulled out of the hold, smack the other into a wall and run away with amazing speed. None of these plans were bad if you took away the small detail that his captor was a vampire and both stronger and faster.

Flexing his hand he could still feel the ghost of fingers, he hid it between knees as the vampire made his way into the driver’s seat. Eyeing the interior he refrained from pushing and pressing the buttons, though his fingers did itch.

Micca had never been one for cars, probably because he never could afford one himself but he could at least see difference between an ordinary car and a not so ordinary car. Like this, it looked like the vampire himself in a way and if he thought about it. Not knowing why he thought about it, itwas shrugged away and instead he decided to look outside to keep his mind off things.

“Will you let me be then? Afterwards I mean” he was almost afraid to ask, dreading he might just be whacked when his purpose was served or whatever. He realized he didn’t really know much of Monet, other then he was assumedly the killer of… a few.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2006, 06:33:52 PM »
"Afterwards?" Monet asked even as he inserted the key into the ignition and turned it, roaring the car into life and driving sedately away.  "Certainly, I\'ll release you after I\'m done."

The promise was made in a very reasonable tone of voice, the smile incredibly slight, but as dark eyes slid over to look Micca over the effect was ruined, and Micca would have to understand that his release depended on the vampire\'s terms.

The steering was obviously cumbersome as Monet negotiated his way around the parking lot and then out onto the street, filled with city lights glowing both neon and flashing bulbs to catch their attention.

Monet\'s gaze remained fixed on the road, an incredibly sensible driver, which was probably unusual in its normality - given their circumstances.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

Uzaki

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2006, 06:50:09 PM »
Micca decided not to comment on the response or anything else as he sank back into the seat, tugging back his unruly hair and tried to brush it out with his fingers. It didn’t work and only ended up in pulling out a few hairs so he gave up.

He wasn’t one to care for how he looked but the silence was awkward as he tried to do anything but look at the vampire. Perhaps it was his own doing. Giving a sigh he looked outside to the best of his abilities, watching the world swish by and soon felt the tug of sleep. He yawned, hiding it between a hand.

It felt like he was on the run, the tense and heavy air, like he was about to escape with his partner in crime or maybe elope. He smiled, opening his mouth to share these thoughts but shut it the next second as he remembered who he was ‘eloping’ with.

With little warning he reached out to press a random button close to him, if only to annoy the other and perhaps force something out of him.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2006, 07:05:47 PM »
The glovebox fell open and Monet\'s gaze sidled over to look first at the gaping hole in the dashboard and then at the mortal who was sitting in front of it.

He didn\'t say anything, thinking perhaps that Micca wanted to alleviate his boredom by poking around in the car.  Ruben usually sat where he did now, so whatever was in the glovebox was whatever the petulant young man had put in there.  Perhaps his sunglasses, certainly some used tissues, and whatever other junk he felt he\'d need.

Monet\'s stare returned to the road.  The drive was not a terribly short one.

Uzaki

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2006, 07:44:52 PM »
He stared at the various things collected before shutting it with a soft push, hearing the click and was about to go back to go back to staring out the window when he instead reopened the box, shut it, reopened it again and shut it one last time.

A glance to the vampire before sinking down in the seat again. He sighed, twisted a little until he found a comfortable position with his head leaning against the window. “As much as I do enjoy our conversation…” another glance sideways, sending a small smirk before promptly shutting his eyes.

If nothing unexpected happened it wouldn’t be long until he’d fall asleep, or at least doze off. It was after all late and they’d been enjoying each other’s company for a short but intense time.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2006, 11:43:27 PM »
Monet didn\'t reply but smiled as Micca\'s joke was spoken.  As the mortal began to drift off to sleep, he looked over at him and the smile widened.  For Micca to sleep and not know the way to Monet\'s house actually made things a lot easier on everybody.  He would likely not recognise exactly where he was, and the drive wasn\'t really a short one.

Almost two hours later, the car door was opened on Micca\'s side and Monet woke him and got him out, supporting the sleepy body with an arm around his waist.

"You\'ll be sleeping with me," he declared, and soon enough Micca found himself stumbling upstairs with Monet pulling him along.

A very familiar redhead stood at the top of the stairs, glaring at them both.

"What\'s going on?"  It was one question among many.

Uzaki

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2006, 12:09:28 AM »
Delirious and far from coherent Micca half fell, half stumbled out of the vehicle and was more then glad for the support. Little time to look around he attached himself to the only thing he knew, hand clutching whatever material within his reach. As the previous words sunk in he started to sputter an objection, thinking it was a little too much to demand, when his thoughts were interrupted by a familiar voice.

One he’d hoped to forget.

“You?!” he questioned, unable to hide surprise though somehow having known that the other would be here, or around. It made sense after all, why would the boy stray from his master. Suddenly he was glad he wasn’t alone, even if the situation at hand was caused by the other in the first place.

“…” he shut his mouth, hoping that perhaps he’d just be pulled away and thrown into a closet somewhere to mellow in his own pity.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2006, 08:16:40 AM »
"Ruben, I will explain later," Monet declared, his tone growing a little harsher than what he\'d been using mostly with Micca.

The redhead looked from one to the other, unmoving on the landing as they approached.  His questions changed from demanding to whining.

"But why\'s he here?  You never told me he\'d be here, where is he going to stay?  Do you trust him?  He could do some damage in here?  What did-"

"Hush!" Monet said as he got close enough to reach out and lay a hand on top of the youth\'s head.  Ruben hushed obediently, but still threw Micca a glare of hatred so intense it likely burned a hole in the other mortal\'s heart (if he gave a shit, that was).  "To your room."

Ruben opened his mouth to protest but thought better of it, turning to strut away from them further up the corridor and enter a room, closing the door quietly instead of slamming it as most would likely expect him to do.

Monet continued on, turning in a different direction at the top of the stairs and taking Micca to a lavish and windowless room.  It was decorated with many colours and silken curtains, so that it looked very much like a bedroom found in the Arab nations.  Somehow its gaudy appeal didn\'t sit well with Monet\'s very proper behaviour, but the vampire looked right at home when he shut the door and locked it behind them both.

"You can put your things away in the bathroom," Monet declared, pointing at a door on the side wall, which led to the ensuite.

Uzaki

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2006, 05:41:35 PM »
The display had left him feeling slightly amused and on the same time a little bad for the other as he was ‘hushed’ away. Micca wasn’t a heartless person, as much as he wished, but years of self inflicted abuse had dragged him closer and closer to the edge so it didn’t take much effort to brush the heated glare off. It did however leave him feel a little guilty for some reason he couldn’t phantom.

Staring at the room they entered it took a moment to realise he was released and when he did he took a sideway step to recreate his personal bubble. “Stop treating me like a child” he whined, heading into the bathroom with the slippers slapping softly against the floor. Making short work of the task at hand he poured out everything from his pockets into the basin, a lid flaring open and a spray of small, round pills rolling against the shiny surface.

“Shit, shit, shit” his hands swiped up as many as possible before they disappeared down the pipes, putting them back and shutting the lid as tight as he could (nearly breaking the thin plastic). Arranging his things on the flat surface he soon remerged in the oddly decorated room, he’d never seen any Arabic bedrooms so to Micca it seemed like someone had a thing for cloth.

Tearing his eyes away from the many things he searched for Monet to send him a glare “Not that I don’t enjoy your company… but why must I stay in here?”

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2006, 07:23:29 PM »
He ignored the complaint but soon heard the clatter in the bathroom, followed by a multitude of smaller rolling clatterering and correctly guessed what had happened in the tiled room.  He heard the soft curses and the collection of the pills, the sound as they were re-inserted into their pill bottle.  Listening hard he fancied he could hear Micca moving things around on the bathroom\'s shelf surface.

Monet glanced over at him when the latter question was asked then continued to prepare the bed as he liked it - Ruben didn\'t turn it down in the way he liked best.  The youth didn\'t have the same eye for detail as he did, but he didn\'t blame the boy for trying his best.

"The closer you are, the better I can keep my eye on you," Monet drawled.  "Worried my hand might stray?" he asked playfully, standing up straight and waiting to see what reaction the mortal would give him, already amused.

Uzaki

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2006, 12:41:55 AM »
He huffed and crossed his arms, unconsciously puffing his chest.

If he answered truthfully that ‘yes’ he was worried something like that would occur the expected response would most likely be some taunting and wounding of his pride. If he answered ‘no’ he would be lying, taking in the high probability that the vampire would know he was lying he’d probably end up being taunted and in the end having his pride wounded. Either option looked as bleak as the other.

“Worried I’ll bite your hand off?” he countered, regretting it as soon as it’d left his mouth. Am I flirting? No, he decided quickly, I’m not. It was the instinctual response born from too many flirts in bars and too many lame pickup lines worked through.

“Or perhaps you like it rough” it was said in the next breath, pouring out of his mouth just as easy as the counter-question. Finally he shut his mouth, averting his eyes in slight dread and embarrassment but mostly because he couldn’t take more of the look sent his way. It was unnerving.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2006, 06:12:23 AM »
"It appears if anybody should be worrying about a stray hand, it should be me," Monet said with a growing smirk as his left eyebrow arced.  "I don\'t know if you like it rough, but keep in mind that I bite," he said with a soft laugh in his voice, then began to undress while keeping eye contact on Micca.

He\'d just intended on sleeping - that was certainly all he did whenever Ruben was in his bed, using his mortal body for warmth and nothing extra.  Ruben had on countless occassions, tried to offer himself or further their relationship, to very little success.  Only every now and then, if he offered his mouth and Monet was in the mood to accept, did anything happen.  It was a rare enough occurence for Ruben to be disheartened by his progress.  He wasn\'t really sexually interested in anyone so immature.

Micca, however, was both a man and an asset - he possessed a talent that made him far more interesting than other men.  Apart from the taste of cigarettes around him, Monet hadn\'t minded the kiss they\'d shared.

A kiss was one thing though, what Micca was suggesting - whether teasing or not - was another thing entirely.  Would he do something with it?  Would Monet let him?

He\'d unbuckled and unzipped his pants by this stage, letting them drop and stepping out of them to reveal a lightly muscled body beneath his clothes.  Still in his underwear, Monet held back the covers and climbed into bed, patting the other side when Micca didn\'t move immediately.

He honestly didn\'t think that the mortal had the courage to try anything, whether he wanted to or not.

Uzaki

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2006, 07:15:55 AM »
Unable to resist his gaze had turned back to the vampire, shifting at the sound of clothing being tugged at. Mildly surprised, yet mentally berating himself from thinking Monet would sleep in his clothes, he felt like he was watching something private so, keeping his eyes from following pale hands, he focused on the face.

“You made your own bed” he murmured, not really knowing what part he was referring to or if it was for the vampire alone or included Micca himself. It fit, probably in more ways then his dazzled mind could connect with at this moment.

He’d chosen to disregard the comeback to his previous attempt to save his own hide, seeing that there’d be little to no way to get out of that one without embarrassing himself further.

Snapping back(from his line of thought) at the patting motion he stepped out of the slippers, not wanting to make this into anything big and dramatize the situation further. Making his way over to the bed his shirt was discarded, shrugged to the floor and forgotten the moment it left his arms. Hesitating for the shortest of moments he decided to keep his sweatpants on, knowing it might become warm but not comfortable with the idea of taking them off, and slipped onto the bed.

“Nice” he commented, unable to deny that the bed was in fact nice but felt far from it himself. Tense and no idea what to do, if he was supposed to do anything but lay there, he shut his eyes and tried to relax. “Okay… sweet dreams”

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2006, 07:35:40 AM »
"I doubt sleep will come fast, as you slept in the car," the vampire drawled before reaching over to his nightstand and picking up a book that was marked at halfway with a piece of silk ribbon.  He also grabbed a glasses case and opened it up, taking out a pair of glasses that had no lenses on them, and wrapping them onto his face, hooking over his eyes.  The spectacles frame was gold and thin, complimenting his face - though it might appear unusual for the vampire to use them seeing as his vision was better than perfect and there were no lenses in them anyway.

He opened the book up and began reading - as his eyes scanned for where he\'d left off last, he made an offer to Micca that he might or might not take. "If you want to read, feel free to grab a book off the shelves," he pointed at the wall nearest his side of the bed, where three shelf units lined the walls, stacked neatly with a large range of books.

Uzaki

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2006, 08:06:36 AM »
Reopening his eyes he sent the other a glare, knowing that he would indeed not be sleeping for a while seeing as he had slept on his way here and for some reason now blaming Monet. In the next breath he realised he behaved very much like a child and settled back on the bed with a mental sigh.

There wasn’t really much he could do about the situation and he’d just not cared much about things before so why start now? Glancing at the book and to the pale face he shook his head. “I’m fine, I’ll just stare at you until I fall asleep” from boredom (he\'d managed to hold his tongue on that one, not wanting to upset or anger. Only annoy) to emphasize this he turned to his side, fixing his head so he could more comfortable look at the other.

Micca had never seen a vampire before, or at least not to his knowledge and he’d never been this close. “Why do you wear those?” he asked, finally disturbed by the small glinting gold frames seeing as they didn’t serve much purpose other then being jewellery. “Are you vain or just trying to impress someone?” he refrained from saying ‘me’ but in a way he might as well had, seeing that there weren’t many other around to be that someone.