Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Crime and Punishment  (Read 16610 times)

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
Crime and Punishment
« on: July 12, 2007, 01:58:24 AM »
((Reserved for w0rmy))

"Tomorrow evening" had quickly become "this evening", and December knew Tuo would soon show up. Not, of course, that he was using his own, true quarters. The place he slept... That was kept a dreadful secret, and was something that only one besides December - November - knew. This place was well lived in, and December frequented it to be sure. It consisted of several rooms, one a medium-sized sitting room, another a very elegant master bedroom and the last a small study. There was a bathroom as well, of course, and a closet, but they were not as important - or as impressive - as the main three.

The rooms looked as though they\'d been removed from a beautiful court. The decor was elegant and cold, much as December himself, but also very comfortable. The sitting room held two couches, a small table, several rugs and more  than one beautiful drapery. There were no visible windows, and all in all it was a rather neat and tidy area. Even the fire seemed both contained and cold. It was a place in which December seemed entirely at home.

The master had seated himself in a large armchair with a decent view of the door. December appeared to be brooding, and apparently about something that pleased him. The small, dangerous smile on his face suggested that much, anyway. Before him, on the low table, was a stack of parchments from his class. That was the punishment Tuo had earned herself. That, and the other, subtler thing. The thing that December would never fess up to doing, nor, in all liklihood, have anyone suspect him of doing. In the end, that was the worse of the two. December\'s smile widened; he loved the idea of that.

December didn\'t bother to check the clock. He knew what time it was already. Now, all he had to do was wait. Soon she would be here. This should be.... interesting, he thought, his long tail twitching at the thought.

w0rmy

Re: Crime and Punishment
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 02:32:00 PM »
(By the way, I made an update on Tuo\'s appearance... thought you ought to know. =3)

YAY! TONIGHT HAS FINALLY COME! Oh god... oh god oh god! Fuck!

Such disgust overwhelmed Tuo yet something else. Did the spell still linger? The vampire didn\'t know but she had a feeling it still did. Running a hand through her thick black hair, worried... not to mention displeased. When was the last time she received punishment? When she was a student in either level 5 or 4... Tuo remembered threatening some of the teachers but that a long time ago. God, the vampire felt as if she was being treated like a child.

I can\'t believe I\'m being punished! I\'m not a child!

Despite thinking this, Tuo sure gave off the impression of one by pouting slightly and folding her arms. The vampire sighed and made her way to the North Tower where the masters \'thronged\'. When the door to the tower was before her, she hesitated before pushing. The door creaked as if was the door to a tomb. Tuo looked around, the walls were old and ancient however the not interested in building history, she began to walk up the stair case.

Tuo thought about Maledict briefly, missing him, wishing he was here however that was not the case, the vampire was very much alone. After what seemed like seconds, Tuo reached the wooden arched portal of doom.

How dramatic...

Thinking bitterly to herself, pausing with her hand an inch away from the door before knocking. knockknockknock She was afraid. Not afraid of getting hurt but of December himself, what he did to her. No, not the hurting part but the spell which made Tuo feel attracted to him. It still lingered in her body. Why did it? Clenching her hand, fingers nails digging into her flesh... hard... blood began to flow gently from her palm to the floor.

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 02:01:46 AM »
((Would you mind if November walked in at some point? If you would, no sweat. :3))

"You needn\'t have knocked," December whispered softly, though the words were only to himself. There was no way Tuo would be able to hear him across the room, let alone through the thick door as well. The Master had heard her as she came uncertainly up the stairs - the doubt in her steps had made December smile. It had not been a warm one. The thing that did surprise him, though, was the sudden smell of blood. How did she manage to get injured while walking - no, while standing before my door? the fae wondered, his eyes narrowing in thought.

"Come in. And don\'t bleed on my floor," December called. Well... spoke, really. Spoke them and then sent them through the keyhole. There was such beauty in the mastery of sound...

December glanced again at the pile of tests. Such dull work, he thought, coldly delighted by that fact. Delighted both because Tuo would be doing it this time and because he himself would be able to quit teaching and take his place as a true Master and blade-for-hire. And then, after that... I will go back to my beloved courts, December thought, sighing placidly as he remembered his home. It had been by no means an easy place, but it was a place perfectly suited to him... Cold, conniving, cruel and surprising in many ways. When he and November returned, they would be working under Mab herself. December looked forward to it greatly. But for now... He simply eyed Tuo as she came in, smiling softly and sitting as still as a stone while he waited for her to do something. It was nothing but amusement.

w0rmy

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 02:27:16 AM »
(Yeah, it\'s cool. :))

Tuo could feel something warm run down her hand, slipping between her clenched fingers, glancing down she saw that it was shiny with blood. Funny, the vampire didn\'t feel any pain whatsoever... anyway, the cuts would be healed in a matter of 30 minutes or so. The wounds that adorned Tuo\'s hand did not help the situation considering she had to write. Thinking bitterly,

Great... this just makes the situation even better.

Sighing and running fingers through her thick black hair, before Tuo came she had brushed it and made sure she looked presentable. Not knowing exactly why she wanted to look good, not that Tuo had to try hard for she was quite pretty already despite the ugly scar beneath her eye. Hearing the Master call and made the comment about not dripping blood on his floor, Tuo gritted her teeth.

Smart ass

Pushing open the heavy door with her blooded hand and walked inside, closing the door behind her slowly. There was a small hand print of blood now imprinted on both sides of the door, Tuo had made sure of that.
"If you don\'t want me to bleed on your floor, give me something to wrap it... Master."
However she held her bloodied hand with the other near her chest. Man, she must of dug deep into the flesh because it just kept flowing! Tuo glanced around the room, slightly in awe, it was beautifully(also eerily) decorated, filled with only things that the most rich could afford but what caught the attention of the vampire was the fire. It burnt intensely and constantly yet its aurora was cold, icy... What would it be like to touch, Tuo wondered. Would it be like touching ice?

Her brown eyes slid over to December whom had been watching her, he was sitting on a large armchair and his expression held a malevolent smile. He was waiting for her to do something but Tuo stood there, apathetic, waiting for the Master of Confuto to give out any instructions.

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 07:24:06 AM »
December just watched, letting the silence stretch out. He didn\'t mind waiting; he had forever. But then, so did Tuo... December\'s grin widened. Standoff of the immortals, hmm? he thought, darkly amused by the idea. The silence was broken, though, by the sound of light footsteps coming down the hall. December knew the cadence, even if Tuo didn\'t. That would be... November.

The younger cait sith paused just outside the door. "Why\'s there blood here, December?" The voice that came through was soft and eerie with a deadly quality to it that didn\'t seem to suit its fairly high pitch. Soon after the words were spoken, what appeared to be a young boy slipped into the room. The white-haired creature stopped short as soon as he saw Tuo - a newcomer. November laid his ears back and dropped his chin slightly, though his mouth remained curved in a strange, cold smile that was oddly remniscent of December\'s. He\'s MY December! Mine! November thought viciously at this girl.

"Who\'s she?" November asked after a moment, his voice a little colder now than it had been. December looked at his younger brother and smiled, really smiled. Though it didn\'t completely melt his features, it looked downright warm on him - which seemed a little bit odd. "This is the one I was telling you about," December said simply, gesturing. His dark eyes slid over to Tuo as he spoke, making eye contact - and thus renewing the charm. November, for his part, scowled slightly and ghosted over to December\'s side. Reaching down, the younger of the two took December\'s hand. It was another strange gesture for the Master, letting this younger student take his hand. All the while, though, neither of their eyes left Tuo.

"Shall we begin?" December finally asked, his voice soft. November just stared...

w0rmy

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 01:27:35 PM »
Hearing another voice surprised Tuo, she thought this was going to be a private punishment. Also, the voice had similarities to December, was this another trick of the Master\'s? No, it in fact belonged to a young male adorned with white hair with ice-like eyes however despite this, he looked similar to the Master. Possibly a sibling?

Her facial expression flickered slightly when December smiled, it was not cruel... cold or anything like that, it seemed almost sincere... friendly? It surprised her for the vampire only knew the Master to be malevolent. Tuo let her hands fall lank by her side, the blood was still flowing but more slowly...

Not my problem.

Tuo locked eyes with December and oh god, he was putting her under that charm again that confused her so. The silent anger she felt in her was falling... dying nearly and whole another new emotion swept over her, like sudden wind.

No, no, no no...!!

The Apprentice did not want to feel like this again but resistance was futile. Completely futile. When the young Cait Sidhe slid over to December\'s side, grasping the Master\'s hand, Tuo felt a horrible twinge of envy. Why envy? Was this the work of the charm? The hand that was decorated with cuts touched her thigh... for under the robe discreetly contained a kyoketsu shoge

No...

Tuo let her hand once again fall down by her side.
"Okay... but my hand is bloodied? I need a bandage or a substitute."
Her brown eyes... nearly brown, they had flecks of green here and there, looked over at December, waiting... watching... wanting? No, it\'s just the charm.

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 05:06:03 AM »
Charming her... November thought as his brother made eye contact. What he was doing was obvious because of her reaction. It was always so obvious. But then, November knew what to look for. It made him angry, to think that this girl was probably thinking all kinds of thoughts about December, his beloved brother, the brother that belonged to him, November, not to her, some uppity apprentice who had been stupid enough to attack a master of her own house.

November hoped his brother had something horrible up his sleeve for her.

December watched as she brought her hand to her thigh. He already knew there was a hidden blade there, as he\'d given her a once-over as soon as she walked into the room. Spotting hidden blades was a part of his job, after all, and something that would keep him alive. I wonder if November noticed it, December wondered, thinking that he would have  to ask his brother about it later. It was an important skill to have, after all. But if Tuo drew that knife on November... December\'s eyes flickered for a moment, his cold smile remaining in place. There would be no forgiveness, the master thought, absentmindedly running a finger along his brother\'s hand.

November snorted when Tuo spoke again. "It\'s your fault," he pointed out in that same soft, frozen voice. December\'s smile twitched up for a moment, and he chuckled softly. November looked pleased with himself. "That it is... But I don\'t think I want her bleeding on my things. Unfortunately," December continued, rising from his seat and moving to the fire, leaving November standing next to the chair, "neither November nor myself have healing magic, nor even the usual trappings." December stared into the flames, then closed his eyes and smiled softly. "I suppose we\'ll have to cauterize it. Tuo, may I have one of your knives?" the master asked. November\'s smile spread slowly; he loved his brother for a reason, he knew. And this was precisely it.

w0rmy

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 12:38:02 PM »
Tuo cocked her hip to the side; arms folded neatly and looked at the two brothers. Her brown eyes glinted with malice, yes, she was being charmed but that’s not to say she was angry. She was fucking bleeding! Oh well, it didn’t matter really… it will heal soon enough. Probably in about ten…fifteen… or even twenty minutes! She didn’t want a bandage really, Tuo liked to be difficult. Then again, a bandage would be useful, knowing December he would probably have a pissy fit if she got blood anywhere.

When November spoke, a flicker of annoyance and dislike swamped over the vampire’s face.

Shut you filthy mouth, dickhead.

She didn’t dare to say it out loud, yes, she would love to say it. Oh god, yes. She hated smartass children especially this one. The goddamn charm didn’t really help either. Tuo gritted her teeth,
“Don’t worry, Master. The wound itself will heal in about ten-fifteen minutes but in the mean time, I’ll just rip of-”
The girl didn’t bother finishing off her sentence. With a quick movement, she tore of end of her sleeve and wrapped it tightly around her blooded palm. The cloak she was wearing was now ruined but whatever, Tuo didn’t a damn.

Even though Tuo was charmed but when December asked to have one of her blades, the vampire seemed to jump back to her senses. Taking two steps back, she growled,
“Get fucked! Iveri gave it to me! You’re fucking dreaming if you can think you can touch it.”
Yes, the vampire acted rashly but it was the truth. Tuo felt particularly attached to the kyoketsu shoge and there was no way that there two filthy Sidhe were going to touch it. She didn\'t care if she was severely punished, no one was going to touch it. No one.

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2007, 10:37:14 AM »
December\'s tail flicked when he saw that look on Tuo\'s face. I hope you aren\'t always as stupid as you were yesterday, the master thought, narrowing his eyes. She proved herself to be at least slightly wise, though, and refrained from saying anything she might... regret. She just tore up her cloak to cover her palm, though December didn\'t think that the bandage would hold very well. It would probably leak, and as much fun as it would be to return a test with blood on it, he certainly didn\'t want her spreading it around his domicile. November took over his brother\'s chair when December left, eying Tuo carefully as he sat, and continuing his stare while his brother spoke.

Tuo\'s reaction to December\'s question surprised both brothers. Is she really that attached to just her knives? November wondered contemptuously. It seemed stupid to him. I guess she just never goes on missions or something, the younger of the two reasoned. It seemed valid to him. After all, who would send someone so volatile out to do anything important? November didn\'t like the way she spoke to December, either, and it showed in the way he laid back his ears. "Stupid..." he whispered, his voice clearly referring more to her action than to her. Even *I* have more self-control, November added mentally. Tuo would never have survived in the Courts.

December continued to stare into the fire for a moment, then closed his eyes and lowered his chin slightly. "\'Get fucked\'... What a charming, respectful way to address your betters," he said, his voice quiet and clearly displeased. "What an intelligent thing to do, during detention, when a simple \'no, it\'s taken care of\' would have sufficed..." December continued, half-turning so that he was looking at her. "You\'ve used up your pardon for tonight. Watch your mouth, or I\'ll throw you out the window." The master eyed her up and down. "And get some knives you won\'t die for. You\'ll need them when you begin to work." With that, December walked over to the table and picked up a large, hefty pile of student tests.

"You\'ll be grading these. When you\'re done with these, let me know - there are more. And if you need the grading mastersheet, tell me. It will mean you shouldn\'t have been made an Apprentice," December went on, his eyes cold. "I do expect these to be perfect, too." November, who had been rather miffed at the fact that his brother let Tuo off so easily the first time, perked up a little at this. The younger of the two smiled maliciously, cocking his head a bit to the side. He sometimes thought his brother was a little too soft with others, but December always found a way to change his younger brother\'s mind. "Do you understand?" December asked, cocking his head a bit to the side as he awaited Tuo\'s response.

w0rmy

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2007, 04:12:29 PM »
(I’m terribly sorry but I added more information to Tuo’s character sheet… I’m so lazy! I just can’t be bothered putting all the information all at once! I’m sorry! D: Anywho, I just added some history about the kyokestsu shoge and why she is so over-protective over it… not that she needs to be. Hehe.)

Regret began to slither and bound Tuo. There was no need to lash out, no need to use such a foul language… it just made the vampire look unintelligent and immature. Very immature in fact. Those who use swear words to cut someone down is just plain stupid, it doesn’t leave scars like one who uses carefully put words. Not once did such a thought occur but then again, the immortal wasn’t the type who liked to use big word. In fact, one could describe Tuo just be to direct. No funny business, straight to the point et cetera… exactly like the one that made her. The vampire wasn’t one to deny things but to say that she was exactly like Suke made her feel sick to the bone.

Ignoring the younger Sidhe, there was not point to get angry at him though, there was a great desire to chew his face and spit it across the room. Oh yes, the vampire would love to do that, though, bigger teeth would be required. Then again, it wouldn’t hurt to try. Or, she could easily bitch about to Maledict and he could do all the dirty work. Tuo had planned not to utter a single word after acting like a such a fool previously till the December said something… something that struck a nerve. Taking a deep breath and the vampire made a gesture, like ones does in surrender.
“Fine. You want it?” The apprentice pulled out the precious Kyoketsu shoge. Even in the dim light, the blade itself was a heavy iron colour however in a certain light, it shimmered red… or might have just been a trick of the eye. Even an experienced eye could tell the blade was slick with malice and was not to be toyed with. Yes, Tuo would die for this blade but there was doubt she would ever have to do that.
“Here.”
The blade hummed softly between her finger tips, the girl hesitated at first before gently throwing at the Master. The throw itself was not angry, most like one does when playing ‘catch.’ Yes, Tuo curious to see what December would do with her beloved weapon but there was a desire to teach him a lesson… and that lesson was:

Never ask to have one of my blades ever again

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 05:02:48 PM »
"No," December answered simply when Tuo asked if he wanted it. The comment made November laugh - a somewhat chilling sound. The blade\'s purpose had been left in the dust, and December no longer had any need of it. Why would he want it? November\'s eye caught the strange red glimmer the blade had, though... Caught it, and let out a stream of flowing sound that must have been a language. December seemed to understand it, at least, and he turned curiously to look at Tuo and the blade. Ah, he thought flatly as the blade sailed through the air. December thought he recognised the type of weapon. If he was correct... He tensed his muscles and caught the thing easily.

He was right. Immediately, it tried to drag itself out of his hand and to the ground. Immediately, December began to fight back. Because of his split-second guess, he\'d been prepared, and the immediate effect was much less than it might have been. It was still rather unpleasant to hold (and certainly unusable), though, prompting December to lay it on the table. "Cursed blades. Interesting, little vampire. Interesting..." the master said, his eyes sliding up to meet hers, "but no longer pertinent. Papers. Now." December punctuated the last word with a gentle tap on the tests before him.

November, meanwhile, had risen to examine the blade for himself. He stood next to the table, leaning down a little bit to look at it. He wondered if it would grow heavy with a weight that effected more than living flesh; if it would break the table if he touched it. He glanced up at Tuo. I would try it on your table, I think, but not brother\'s, the younger fae thought, looking away from the hated girl and back to her fascinating knife. I wonder if it had to be blood-bound... December would know. November would ask later.

w0rmy

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 10:44:18 PM »
Like Tuo had expected, the doubled edge blade had attempted to rip itself from the Sidhe\'s grip but unfortunately it did not succeed. A small, frail ray of hope that December wouldn\'t be able to handle it but of course that wouldn\'t happen. After all, he was bound to know about these kind of blades. However, it gave satisfaction to see the displeasure in December face when grasping the kyoketsu shoge.

December seemed to be fairly interested in the blade but ceased to ask any questions and instead brought the attention of the papers back. It was the pile of papers which brought Tuo back to reality... to that dreadful reality. However, the immortal had to admit, she felt better now than before. Maybe it was because the appearance of God\'s Tongue made her feel better. She took the papers from December without hesitation and sat herself at the table. Out of the corner of her eye, Tuo could see that stupid brother of the Master\'s looking at the blade but brought her focus back to the papers.

God\'s Tongue began to emit a keening noise, first soft than louder. At first, one would assume the sound to be inhuman and it most certainly was. Tuo ignored it however, the sound was not bothersome, at least, not to her. The blade was upset, it did not like being away from it\'s master.
"May I have a quill?"
The vampire inquired, acting as if her blade was pining.

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 07:30:12 AM »
Good. So she had some hope of taking orders. She took the pile of papers without question, which pleased December well enough. November was still examining the blade. He had already figured that it was ironless, which was, though expected, nice. The sheen on it he couldn\'t quite place, but the make was distinctly Eastern. November poured over it, eventually flipping it over with one of his own knives to look at the other side. He loved weapons, and had readily soaked up everything he\'d ever heard about them. He would have liked to ask that vampire girl about this one, but... His ice-blue eyes slid over to look at her. Well, it would surely make her angry, and she got very stupid when she was angry. Maybe she\'d get mad enough to try to hurt him, at which point November could look forward to December fulfilling his earlier promise.

"Who made this?" November asked, his voice chill and clean even with his faint Irish accent. "Mmm, and what is it made of?" he continued, his ears flicking lightly at the keening noise it began to make. The white-haired boy looked up at December, waiting for him to fix it. Magic was, after all, his specialty. The master just nodded, then turned one of his hands over. The magic he preformed didn\'t touch the blade itself at all, actually. It just reflected the sound back on itself so that it never got more than a couple of inches from the blade. Anyone who put their ear so close, though, would find the noise nigh deafening.

"Yes, you may have a quill. One moment," December said even as he preformed his simple magic. It had always been a useful trick, that. The master turned and walked into another room, emerging moments later with a very pretty white quill with what looked like a silver tip. "This should be fine," he said coldly. December gave her a serious look. "Please don\'t break it. I don\'t like to have to replace my things," he added before turning to walk towards his now-vacated armchair, apparently to watch.

w0rmy

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 10:34:08 PM »
Tuo flicked through the papers that lay before her on the table, somewhat amused and annoyed. It was a loathsome task but the writings themselves should be \'interesting\'. Her memory shifted, remembering when she had to do this very paper. No, immortal passed it with flying colours. When anger did not consume the body, she was quite clever and intelligent.

She continued to watch November out of the corner of her eye, the youth was obviously intrigued by the mysterious kyoketsu shoge and so should he. It wasn\'t every day that someone came upon such a blade. He asked a question concerning the blade which made Tuo\'s eyebrows raise ever so slightly. She had no expected a question to be asked and so soon too. Parting her mouth to answer but was distracted by December. The master made a swift movement and the blade quietened. A small frown adorned the smooth flesh of the vampire, displeased but instead answered November\'s previous question.
"I don\'t know who made it and only person who would know is dead." Beginning, her tone slick with bitterness, "As for the material, I have ideas... the blade could be made out of the horn of a ikkakujuu. It has been done in the past but it\'s not often done. Using the horn makes the blade temperamental, throwing tantrums from time to time."

Tuo didn\'t want to talk to much or otherwise the Master would tell her off. She had planned not to say anything else but that was soon over looked when December told her not to break the quill.
"Why would I break it? My fingers are not fat and clumsy. They are nimble, they would have to be after years knife throwing and playing the mandolin."
And the vampire began to mark the papers that sat on the table though it didn\'t take long for a distraction to take place. God\'s Tongue made a sudden movement before lying still once more. It was angry. She sighed but continued marking. Nothing could be done.

Offline Fell

• Dearly Missed
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2007, 01:44:44 PM »
November eyed the blade closely, flicking it lightly with the back of his fingernail once to hear the noise it made. Too much "ting" to be made of bone, the white-haired cait sith thought. He doubted it was. Ikkakujuu horns were also much lighter, unless someone had tampered with this one. Tampering would reduce the potency, though, so November doubted that they had. He loved knives, especially the rare sorts, and actually had an ikkakujuu horn knife in his collection. November had had to kill a man to take it, but that didn\'t bother him. After all, the knife deserved the strongest master possible. Regardless, the point was that he knew quite a bit about knives for his perceived age, which was why he knew what an ikkakujuu was at all. Most would simply have called it a kirin, which was a slightly more common term.

November began to laugh when Tuo replied to December. It was just her tone. The student found it quite ridiculous and petulant. Honestly, how old is she again? he thought smoothly. December seemed just as amused, if he showed it less. In December, it showed up in a quirk of the lips and a sudden light in the eyes. "...Of course," the Master said with a certain lilt in his voice that suggested mocking. The information about her playing the mandolin December stored away in his mind for later. He had a mandolin in his study - perhaps he would make Tuo play for them later.

They soon settled into silence. November poked at the knife for another couple of minutes before rising to go climb into December\'s lap. The Master rolled his eyes, but didn\'t push his younger brother off. The two communicated from time to time in hushed voices, speaking the language of the Unseelie Sidhe. Sometimes their voices sounded mocking, sometimes serious, but they never looked at the vampire that worked so close to them.

About an hour had gone by when there was a flurry of footsteps followed by a harsh knock on the door. December quirked an eyebrow at November, who immediately slid off his brother\'s lap and walked over to answer the door. He opened it on a panting servant with an envelope. The servant girl handed November the piece of paper, bowed and exited. November looked curiously down at it, then carried it back to December. "I think it\'s important," the younger of the two said in the Sidhe tongue, solely to bother Tuo. December took the envelope, opened it immediately and began to read...