Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: A Gem In The Darkness  (Read 6417 times)

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
  • Being a vampire is a privilege. Not an excuse.
    • View Profile
A Gem In The Darkness
« on: August 08, 2009, 01:31:11 PM »
( Reserved For MythsAndLegends )

Idrial waited silently in the oak tree tree that loomed over the clearing, the sky was clouded with dark masss of clouds that blackened that sky. One certain stars could be seen through the clouds and a New Moon lurked behind the blanket of clouds. A light breeze whistled through the night, her orange eyes peered through the darkness, her black clock concelled her making her one with the darkness. Trained in the Art Of Silence and Stealth she had mastered the skills to make her a worthy assaian.

What was even more brillant was the wolf blood that travelled through her viens, making her sight, smell, taste, reflexes and hearing 10 X more powerful than any ordinary Human, Elf and many more making her a double threat, what was even more brilliant was her ability to shape shift into any creature she has seen with her eyes. Although she wasn\'t any shape-shifter she was an Elemental Shape-Shifter, a being from the time in the womb to her very birth. Able to control the elements, Earth, Air, Fire, Water and Spirit; She was truly of a kind.

She sniffed the air lightly looking any traces of change in the wind, there was something faint that lingered in the wind. She took another slight smell to find it had gotten stronger, the smell burned her nostrils as she could smell dead flesh approuching. It soon eased as she got use to the smell, she was use to smelling sweet live flesh not decaying musty dead. Although she had to remeber there would be no voilence bewteen them, she was abided to stick to the rules unless he attacked fisrt she would defend herself.

As the smell increased her guard little by little, she had to be cautious for Idrial she didn\'t know how he would react. What worried her was he would attack at anytime but hoped he would keep his vow. She made the exception of using majick but not for voilent tendancies, she had made that exception. But with any mission there was always risks and those risks could not just shrugged off like others her body wouldn\'t simply allow it her wolf intincts nine times out ten kicked in, her other ten percent was up to her to focus and keep the wolf in her in check with her human side. The logical side of her, the irrational side was her wolf side both were always battling eachother. Sometimes she lost her battle and turned into the beast that raged inside, sometimes she won by mere strength and dertimination.

Her eyes suddenly moved to a certian part of the clearing, she could see a small shadow approuch. Her eyes narrowed at the dark spot in the clearing getting bigger by the second, she wouldn\'t reveil herself until she was sure it was him. Reveiling herself any time sooner would jepordize the entire mission. She waited as he aprouched or if someone else was in the wrong place at the wrong time and she couldn\'t take that risk. She waited silently, like a wolf looking for easy prey.

MythsAndLegends

Re: A Gem In The Darkness
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 08:07:21 AM »
The fiasco at the Assassin’s Academy had been a temporary setback for the ancient lich, but Achrynoth had found himself a somewhat potential tool for the future. She had revealed herself to be quite capable in combat and extremely resilient to all wounds, even ones inflicted by the mighty being himself. Despite all that had occurred, the show of power had undoubtedly gone in his favor as things wound down, it was clear that none who had been gathered had the power to stand alone against him, and so far, this had not changed. He approached the clearing with little concern for his well-being. This young pup could cause him no lasting harm on her own.

Despite everything, Achrynoth was not taking any chances; he had raised a handful of his undead minions from his seat of power far beneath the ground and had them encircle the location to keep it somewhat private. The less likely it was for someone or something to come across their meeting, the more likely it was for the lich’s new pawn to complete her missions, as it had always been, even with his older minions who were no longer with him. The more secrecy that the mission was wrapped within, the better the chances of success.

Achrynoth made his approach obvious. He did not want to alarm the girl, but despite her attempts to hide from view, his life sight had no trouble pin-pointing her location, and thus he zeroed in upon her, walking directly for her with his massive wings furled against his back like an armored cloak, while his tattered robes furled around his lifeless skeleton, gleaming eyes shining in the pits of his skull, not withholding even a small amount of his malice and power.

As he stepped fully into the clearing, he looked around, then directly where she was hiding, “There is no use keeping yourself hidden from me. My eyes are more keen than even yours, wolf-thing. It is time that you keep up with your end of the bargain, if you believe yourself capable.”

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 03:18:14 PM »
Idrial watched as the creature approuched from the clearing in the shadows, he carried himself with pride and arrogance. She knew how strong and magically inclined he was and that impress Idrial. Never before had she met such a creature that could match her power as a Elemental Shapeshifter and mixed with werewolf blood she was truly a magnificant warrior. She also knew of his power and respected him as he was no matter what he was he deserved to be treated with respect.

She dreamed on day she would find her own kind, an elemental shapeshifter that was worthy to share her gift. She would become a Grandmaster one day and search for her kind to chose one person who she would mix blood with one of her own and train them to become a warrior to carry on her legacy. That was her dream for she was deamed as a superiour to all those that shared her wolf blood. A mix blood like herself was deamed almost like a god among others and were highly respected.

She gave a wolf like grin as she spotted her from within the trees, she jumped down with utter grace as she made no noise as she landed on the hard ground below. She looked at him with glowing orange eyes as she spoke to him with respect, " I was not hiding from you, I was hiding from those that wandered into the area. Elminating them if they posed a threat to my mission." Idrial was smarter than that she had read maby book in her life time, getting her hands on any book she could find. She believed that knowledge was the key to understanding those she had come to encounter in her life time. Sometimes even giving her the upper hand in most missions.

She showed her canines towards him as she took a step forward showing her pride and she spoke with passion, " I am more than capable as you know this yourself. I am of mixed blood of werewolf who are remarkable warriors that never surrender. And also of shapeshifter blood Elemental to be excat able to weild magic naturally like I am breathing. You too are superiour to your race, you were born with hair and  a Draconian is seen as superiour to those in there race. Something we have in comman, we were both looked at with fear and respect. I give you that same respect." She bowed her head a little towards him, her heart pounding as she talked about her people.

She stepped forward again, "The book is in my hands but as we agreed I would give it back in your underground world or palace and we are not to pit voilence against each other as we agreed on a truce. Majick can be used but not against eachother. As we agreed when you healed my wounds. I intend to hold up my bargian." She looked at him with eyes that hopefully said she meant what she said to him.

MythsAndLegends

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 09:35:32 AM »
Achrynoth grunted at her show of respect for him, finding it a little out of place, "Respect should be earned, not given freely." but regardless, her looked her over, searching for the book. He did not see it outright, so she must have it concealed on her person somewhere, but the lich could feel it calling out to him, begging him to retake it into his possession, and he would... very soon, whether or not the girl was going to hold true to the bargain.

He turned away from her, looking back into the clearing and waved a hand, tracing quick symbols in the air with his fingers, and a moment later there was a small shockwave sent through the air as the very fabric of existence was ripped asunder, and a portal opened to the Lich\'s home. "Step through, and then we will conclude our bargain."

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 04:47:07 AM »
Achrynoth made a small grunt, she could see his eyes searching her body for the book that he desired. Idrial hadn\'t opened the book as it was none of her concern what the writings and scriptures where within the book. All she knew was he wanted the book badly enough to let someone as mysertious as Idrial hold and deliver the book. Never the less Idrial thought of it as an one in a life time experiance, to see a whole new world that no one had explore much less heard of in Idrial\'s world.

He turned her back against her, she watched Achrynoth work his majick with his nimble skeleton like fingers tracing symbols that Idrial had seen before long ago. Majick ran in her blood literally and any new form of majick always intrested her ever since she was a child. The power the complexity of it all boggled her mind.

She could feel the majick growing at an alarming rate, suddenly she felt a shock wave go through the air. She stood calm and collected as she had experianced powerful majick before and welcomed it with open arms, Idrial\'s goal one day would be to master the art of majick and the art of killing those had always been her goals since the day she entered the academy. She watched as a portal opened between the two worlds, she walked toward the portal that lay ahead.

She stopped short and looked at Achrynoth with intense wolf like eyes and she spoke with dignity, "Just so you know I don\'t give out respect just to whoever. You won my respect and I have a lobg list as to who earns my full respect." She gave him a slight nod before entering the portal and into another world. As she stepped through she was amazed and awed by the sight of the new world. A slight smile flashed across her face, a thought entered her mind that this was going to be on mission she would never forget.