Author Topic: Addiction  (Read 9853 times)

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Addiction
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2020, 12:40:04 AM »
A cold shiver ran down Gable's spine and he rubbed his eyes with childish fists to stare at the blankets that were suddenly thrown over him... yet Win hadn't even moved. How the... what the... actual fuck?

"What just happened?" he asked warily, feeling rather wide awake now. It didn't help his confusion, however, because he really had no clue how he was cool and exposed one second then covered with blankets the next. Talk about blink and you'll miss it.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2020, 08:58:27 AM »
Win smiled against Gable's flesh, making a soft pleased sound. "I used my abilities," he said, because he didn't like the word 'powers'. It made him feel like he was after some kind of worship if he phrased it that way. "A silly trick but convenient because you're warm and comfy," he explained.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2020, 07:34:11 PM »
Gable lifted himself up on his elbow and looked down at Win in wonder, his other hand at Win's hip, his thumb brushing his firm skin in tight circles. "You can move things with your mind?" he asked incredulously. "Is that how you did it?" He figured it had to be, since there was no physical movement that he'd detected.

Such an ability was rumoured to belong to vampires but Gable had never had the guts to ask one if it was true or not. He'd definitely never seen it in action. Now he doubted what he had seen and wanted to see it again. He glanced around the room, looking for a challenge for the vampire. "What else can you lift?" he asked, excitement evident in his voice.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2020, 07:58:26 AM »
His comfy spot was taken away from him anyway. Perhaps he should've collected the blankets manually, then they would be snuggling right now.

Win knew Gable was likely to be a fanboy of vampiric talents, but he'd anticipated that the mortal would 'play it cool' and not give away his excitement. He wasn't even trying to hide it but he was also tempered in a way the younger ones weren't.

"Anything that's not secured. It's the same task to lift a tissue box or a car into the air but it's different trying to lift a house when it has foundations keeping it down."

There wasn't a lot in a hotel room that he could demonstrate with. Win sat up beside Gable and pointed to the small desk in the corner with the chair tucked into it.

"Look where the desk is," Win instructed. He mentally focussed his will onto the chair, pulling it out from its position and then lifting it up into the air. Watching its progress, he angled it and made it do a little spin like a ballerina, and then a rolling tumble before he gently set it down onto the carpet once more. "Vampires might have these skills but it takes blood to use them. I don't need to drink daily to sustain myself, but I do it so I can show off floating chairs to my lovers." Win grinned cheekily at Gable.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2020, 10:24:57 PM »
Gable released his hold on Win's hip in order to bring his hand to his mouth - initially, to cover his gasp of surprise but then it curled around his chin, his thumb anchored on his jaw and his index finger stroking thoughtfully back and forth across his lower lip.

He watched the display with wide eyes, too amazed by what he was seeing to make any noise. He was baffled by the notion that it would take the same amount of effort to lift a car as a tissue box and wondered if Win was being falsely modest. It just didn't seem right. The laws of physics didn't apply to vampires? Well, he supposed it wouldn't be the first nor last law that didn't.

At the mention of drinking blood, Gable's gaze skittered to Win's and he chuckled at the notion that he trotted this trick out to impress his multitude of other lovers. "Well, I mean, the benefits are obvious," he quipped, removing his hand from his face in order to gesture seriously towards the chair. He was tired enough to find himself hilarious, his eyes twinkling mischievously as he looked back at Win. "Not many men can claim they get laid because of a twirling chair, though."

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2020, 06:17:30 PM »
"The chair must be bonus time since I've already got laid," Win said matter-of-factly, sliding his gaze to Gable before making a counter-offer. "I can lift you the same way but you might not like it. It has a strong sensation of, uh... relinquishing control."

They both knew Gable enjoyed being in control though Win had found himself surprised a few times both nights when Gable trusted him more than he had to. He'd thought the mortal would want the dominant position each time, that Win's natural desire to please would lead them down a path of one-sided sex, but it hadn't gone there. He found himself admiring Gable in a way he hadn't the first night.

"Next time, when I can drink from you, we can fuck on the ceiling." He didn't mean it, but if Gable was keen he'd figure out a way. Levitation was more fun when one of them was standing on the ground but those were details he wasn't going to go into. He hoped Gable would be intrigued enough to ask for it to happen tomorrow night.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2020, 10:33:54 PM »
Gable raised his eyebrows and lowered himself back down beside Win, cuddling up to him and thinking about the offer. It was kind of Win to point out the loss of control thing but it wasn't like he hadn't been on roller coasters before. He thought he could handle it. The thought of fucking up near the ceiling was... wild. He glanced upwards, imagining it, imagining the view of the room from just a few metres in the air, what it would feel like to float and fuck.

"Sounds amazing," he grinned cheekily, tired eyes glinting. He was aware that he had a few weeks before he had to worry about dealing with the potential loss of control so it was easy to be philosophical about it. The one thing he couldn't imagine was what it would feel like. He was impressed Win would share it with him, though. "I'll take you up on that, when the time comes," he declared grandly, overconfidence and the delirium of lacking sleep putting him in a happy, giddy, playful space where everything was possible - and likely.

He nuzzled a kiss onto Win's temple, tangling their legs as he surrendered to his own exhaustion. "I'm gonna stay," he decided around a yawn that made his eyes water. "But how'm I gonna get out of here when I wake up? You'll be alright as long as the sun doesn't hit you when I open the door, right?" he asked offhandedly, signalling his intention of leaving the hotel whenever he woke up, even though it would be the daytime. And he'd be leaving Win behind. A slight frown marred his forehead and wrinkled his nose as that finally occurred to him. He'd be leaving Win alone. Hrmm.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2020, 06:17:40 AM »
Win was energised by the acceptance but recognised Gable's mood for what it was. He took it as a positive sign that Gable was at least interested in levitation even if he didn't want to be raised that high when the crunch came.

His question came without emotion and Win answered it the same way. "Yep. Lock it when you leave and I'll be fine."

Win didn't mention he stayed in seedy motels quite often and was comfortable with them. Anything that was a cash business was good for Win and so far he hadn't had any issues. He tended to book a stay for an extra night. If the bed was too close to the door, he would move the furniture around just in case housekeeping ignored the do-not-disturb sign.

He saw Gable's expression shift and he thought to take the other's mind off his concern, or whatever it was that he was thinking negatively about. He captured Gable's lips with his own, intending on kissing him until the human was too sleepy to continue or tired of the kiss itself.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2020, 09:48:29 PM »
Gable relished the kiss, finding it stirred a happy, flighty response in him, even though he was exhausted. Contentment rose and he felt unnaturally connected to the vampire, buoyed by his attention and strangely emotional. Vulnerable. There was that word again. It wasn't... he couldn't... stay awake.

Probably shouldn't be sleeping here because bears and the trees had bread. He inhaled sharply and opened his eyes to find his slack lips still connected to Win's. It was a weird feeling and he pulled back, eyelids bobbing and breathy laughter pulling ou Jed diido oppo. There he went again.

"Okay," he agreed to the precautions about the sun for the vampire, finding them easy to live with. "I could get used to this," he slurred and fell asleep with a smile on his face.

When he awoke, hours later, he didn't remember saying anything untoward. He felt pleasantly sore and surprisingly well rested, though coming to his senses beside someone who looked exactly like a corpse was thoroughly disconcerting. He got dressed and slid out of the motel without fuss, that smile still in place.