Author Topic: Coming To Terms  (Read 16653 times)

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Coming To Terms
« Reply #120 on: September 06, 2019, 07:59:53 PM »
A frown marred Kerr's forehead. Ben was describing coercion, then. Gentle... maybe, but coercion all the same. Charon had known Ben wasn't immersed or as committed to their play as his obsession desired and it sounded like he'd lived for the times when Ben had become so. He'd encouraged experimentation because he'd been trying to feel his way around Ben's barriers and get under his skin... to find the place where he'd drop his inhibitions.

And be Charon's.

Kerr stroked the roof of his mouth ruminatively with the ball of his tongue stud, back and forth, trying to reconcile the resurgence of his opinion of Charon as not a great guy with the man who'd altruistically freed his mind tonight. These were not comfortable thoughts. Nor were they new, for they were flavoured with Declan's and Themba's taint... the men Ben had a distressing habit of becoming vulnerable to. Maybe Kerr was fooling himself, thinking that he was any better, when he'd also taken advantage of a young, eager mortal all those years ago. In his own way. It made him realise he was in no position to judge.

Besides, as far as they'd both known, he was dead. It wasn't like Ben's behaviour had been healthy and Charon might have sensed genuine potential for a partner in Ben. He had to keep perspective here, remember what a terrible time Ben had been going through. None of this was Kerr's business, it had all been between them. The realisation helped him settle back into appreciation for Charon; really, if he had been dead, he was comforted by the notion that someone powerful cared enough about Ben to protect him and try to pry him out of his grief. He deserved... contentment, if that was as far as he could push himself.

Kerr squeezed Ben and then relaxed, exhaling his negative thoughts out in a cleansing sigh. "I have to remember that. You thought I was dead. I really did owe Charon for doing his best with you. If ever I really do die, I expect you to do better next time. I'll be your husband by then," he grinned, feeling a cheeky little thrill at saying the word. As he spoke, he manoeuvred himself on top of Ben, wriggling up his body until he could rest his elbows either side of Ben's head. Their legs were alternated so he kept some of his weight off his fledge but it wasn't like he had to worry about squashing the breath out of him.

"You can have a month of mourning for every year we've lived together but that's it, got it?" he ordered authoritatively, resting his chin in his hands and smirking down at Ben. "I mean, if you die, I'll move on that quickly at least. Probably quicker," he teased, nodding thoughtfully at his lie as he shrugged and tried to look nonchalant. The gesture was rather awkward considering his position but he hoped Ben was charmed anyway. "I hear there are lots of lovely, willing boys out there just waiting for a guy like me." It was difficult to keep a straight face in amongst all this projected arrogance.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 06, 2019, 08:32:44 PM »
While Kerr entered his thoughts and assessed what he'd learnt, Ben took a moment to put his laptop back onto his bedside table, plugging in the charger and tapping his phone screen to make it light up so he could read his messages. There was nothing there that was particularly interesting but a headline about the Mayor opening a new sporting complex in the cultural centre of the city caught his attention. Ben fingerprinted access into his phone and then pulled up his note taking app that linked with his laptop. He opened the file 'potential advisors' and then quickly typed meet the mayor?? He would have to flesh out that idea tomorrow night and see when he could wrangle an appointment.

With both his laptop and phone on charge, he relaxed into his previous position and was about to mention his desire to meet with the mayor of the city when Kerr surprised him by crawling on top of him. For the tiniest instant, Ben tensed then relaxed, his silvery blue eyes fixed on Kerr's rich chocolate brown.

The topic was dreary but turned into something he could scoff and laugh at, glad that Kerr had managed to find a way to make it lighthearted. "Can I count the time already served? That's eighteen months in the bank, right there," he said. Then Kerr spoke of all of the other lovely, willing boys waiting for someone like him and Ben agreed. Kerr was a catch; kind, charming, sexy as hell. "You'll be spoilt for choice," he breathed.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 06, 2019, 09:21:09 PM »
Kerr laughed appreciatively at Ben's backchat, his eyes lighting up at the responding sass about having grief to spare. He loved that Ben was comfortable enough to joke in kind, it could've touched a nerve and gone the other way. It was grim, to make light of their respective deaths but because he expected them to be nonexistent, it was an amusing fancy.

"Yeah well, you're always my choice. While you're alive, anyway," Kerr smirked, unable to play it cool because he laughed at himself. He shifted his lower half off Ben, remaining curled against him and resting his head on his hand again, his other hand straying beneath the hem of Ben's shirt to stroke the skin of his stomach. "Hey, I know we're in serious campaign mode and everything but do you mind if I invite Vincent to come check out The Outlook with me sometime soon? Do you want to come too?"

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 06, 2019, 09:47:44 PM »
It was more comfortable when Kerr slid half off. Ben liked the cosy aspect of their cuddle.

Campaign mode. Ben smiled at it but it disappeared when the topic changed to the Overlook. It felt like an afterthought, the invitation to join. Ben also felt like Vincent and Kerr would be strolling through the place and Ben would tag along behind with little to say. It didn't feel like his though he'd overseen the finishing of it. The surprise Kerr had been making for him had been revealed upon his 'death' and it was this building that Ben couldn't be lighthearted about. There was something haunted about it that he felt would only be abolished if Kerr finished it.

"No, you two can have fun discussing it," he said, wondering if Vincent was going to be an easy switch from Ben's mentor to Kerr's friend. Kerr seemed to have forgotten what Ben had said about Vincent; that he could fall in love with him. If he spent time with them both together he would have unhealthy ideas about threesomes that Owen was sure not to appreciate. He'd never met someone so jealous.

"Don't let him change your vision too much," Ben warned. Vincent could be quietly convincing.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 06, 2019, 10:08:34 PM »
Kerr was secretly disappointed, since the glass room overlooking the ocean would've been a lovely place to surprise Ben with a proper proposal. Not that it had been a wholly thought-out plan - Vincent in the mix wasn't optimal, especially considering Ben's heightened feelings for the man, but Ben certainly wouldn't have seen it coming!

He thought wryly of how this evening had begun with them in bed discussing unexpected things and now they'd circled back to it at the end of the evening.

"That's easier said than done, since I was going to develop it into a business for you but now that you have Lovebite and a political career, it's rather irrelevant. I just want to do something with it so it doesn't go to waste. I hope it's as beautiful as I wanted it to be. Any ideas are welcome, I don't care where they come from. Do you suppose he'll bring Owen?" he asked casually.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 06, 2019, 11:15:23 PM »
Ben was saddened by Kerr's use of the word 'irrelevant'. The Overlook would've been a beautiful location but it had a weird vibe for him now.

"I don't know," he said, looking curiously at Kerr. "Are you still hoping for a swing?" he asked, half in jest.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 07, 2019, 12:55:07 AM »
Kerr's expression showed his confusion, chagrin and amusement with an awkward mixture of wide eyes, snorting laughter and shy smiling. He'd have blushed, if he'd any decent amount of fresh blood in him. He'd merely been thinking about whether there'd be a third set of eyes and an opinion to deal with regarding the fate of his dancehall-cum-restaurant (and he hadn't felt that Owen liked him much so he also sort of hoped he'd get a chance to make a better third impression). He hadn't been thinking along those lines.

The problem was, the instant Ben suggested it, Owen's image was summoned by Kerr's brain and there was a surge of interest he couldn't deny. It felt wrong to lust over someone so off limits there was practically a fence around him but it was fruitlessly there anyway. His mind skipped down a merry path of imagining the consequences of him pursuing and capturing Owen's attention to the point that the handsome blond became his first foray into someone else's bed and it left him feeling flighty and tingly.

He gasped in mock offense. "Impertinent!" he scoffed then giggled as he leant down towards Ben's stomach, deftly moving his shirt aside in order to expose his flesh to Kerr's lips. "I'll swing you," he growled a false warning, kissing a line along the top of Ben's pants, from his very sexy hipbone towards the tender flesh below his belly button. Kerr's hand drifted lower, the backs of his fingers trailing suggestively across the bulge in Ben's pants before he cupped the growing hardness beneath. Ben squirmed and made the most delicious noise in the back of his throat. It shot straight into Kerr's groin, firming him instantly. Thoughts of Owen evaporated, replaced with electric desire for his one true love.

They really had circled back to the start of the evening, their bodies coming together like halves parted and Kerr couldn't have been happier about it.