Author Topic: Possession  (Read 14378 times)

Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Possession
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2012, 09:24:01 PM »
Owen sighed again, his shoulders drooping and he felt he would hold it together alright enough to look at Vincent.  His head dropped back against the seat headrest and then lolled to look at him, his expression sheepish.  "No.  Probably not.  Yet I have this insane desire to see every one of them, to know exactly whose neck you're putting your lips on.  I don't know why.  So not everyone even gets horny from it?  Why would they do it, then?"

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2012, 09:34:44 PM »
"I think they would wonder the same thing about those who just see it as sexual.  I believe each of those who experience their reaction sees theirs as the better variant," he said ruefully, for he'd been curious and asked, and received adamant declarations that the benefit they experienced simply had to be the better one.  Vincent reached for the headlight switch and turned them on before flicking the indicator on and pulling back out onto the road.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2012, 09:51:10 PM »
They drove for a little while and Owen did some thinking, trying to work things out.  "That woman... you've known her for a long time?  And she's married?  But she still comes to you when you call, even has to get someone to look after her kid, yet she's never slept with you and she doesn't even get... energised by the bite.  Seems weird," he muttered, his resentment over the intimacy shared - and the friendship - between Vincent and Tamara still lurking.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2012, 10:01:29 PM »
"She's one of the older regulars I have," Vincent admitted.  "When I asked, she told me that getting bitten for her was equivalent to, or rather better than, a full day at the spa.  I had no idea what she meant initially, as I was picturing spending an entire day sitting in a bath."  He glanced over at Owen, but saw nothing there that worried him, so returned to watching the road.  They were only five minutes away from home.  "She doesn't want to sleep with me, nor I with her.  I wouldn't even call her a friend," he said, and was surprised at himself, but this much was true.  Other than being nice to her whenever they got together for a bite, they hadn't ever bothered to talk to each other.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2012, 10:05:22 PM »
"So... the bite can be incredibly relaxing?  No wonder she dumped her kid to come see you," he mused, watching Vincent's profile in thoughtful silence.  "So why the seedy setup away from your place?  What's wrong with the privacy of your own home?"

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2012, 10:08:20 PM »
"I don't show people where I live.  It's safer that way.  I'm incredibly vulnerable in the daylight," he said, just in case Owen hadn't really thought about what that could mean.  Because he was feeling talkative, and Owen was now his lover, he shared some information with him that he hadn't previously.  "It was how Lorica died.  Humans, who knew where she slept, burned her house down.  She got out, but then there was the sun."

He still felt sad about it, and there was still that pang of guilt and remorse, but it didn't overwhelm him the way it once had.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2012, 10:16:57 PM »
Owen thought on this information for a moment, connecting Vincent's rampant privacy issues to it.  He'd become incredibly closed off because his sire had died at the hands of humans and so he didn't ever invite anyone to his home.  Especially not to live with him.  Owen's heart fell, for he could see it would never happen.

"Why did humans want to kill her?"

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2012, 10:20:19 PM »
Vincent glanced over at Owen and wondered if the youth would think it was a setup, but he hadn't guided the conversation here for that purpose.

"I was sleeping with a woman who was jealous of Lorica."

He stopped at a red light and lamented it.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2012, 10:26:30 PM »
Owen grunted a humourless laugh.  "Right.  So you're used to we mortals doing stupid things for the sake of loving you.  I can see why you don't want me to move in," he muttered though he didn't really, it was a fishing statement.  He wanted Vincent to admit that maybe there was a lack of trust in him and, after tonight, he could admit it to himself.  He wasn't his own best promotion when he got so jealous of complete strangers that he wanted to punch their heads in just for feeling his lover's lips on them.  Owen sighed heavily and looked out his window, wondering how the fuck he was ever going to make up the ground he'd lost for himself.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2012, 10:32:38 PM »
He had quite the choice to make, and two clear paths.  He could keep silent, and continue to keep Owen at arm's length, for he had quite a valid reason for it that the mortal seemed to be accepting (though grudgingly), or he could speak up and invite Owen into his home, accepting him in his entirety.  As far as he could see, now that Karen was expecting it would come, there was no other decision that he could make.

"I want you to move in with me," he said, and figured that would be enough.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2012, 10:35:18 PM »
The change in Owen was startling and immediate; he sat up in his seat, body spun to face Vincent and his heart accelerating faster than the car did away from the light.  "What?" he demanded, his voice deep and serious as he braced himself on the console between them and on the door behind himself.  "Are you serious?"

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2012, 10:37:10 PM »
"Yes.  I want you and all your special blend of crazy, to live with me," he laughed.  The light turned green but he didn't go anywhere.  Nobody was behind him, so it didn't matter.

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2012, 10:38:48 PM »
Owen released his seatbelt and then launched himself at Vincent, kissing his face before he found his lips.  This was answer enough.