Offline Existentially Odd

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Donor
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2011, 07:06:29 PM »
"So... do we need to have some... rules or something?" Kerr asked with a frown, removing his hand from Ben\'s and resting it on the back of the chair he was leaning on instead.  "Is there... anything I shouldn\'t... do?"

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2011, 07:14:06 PM »
Kerr\'s question threw Ben.  He faltered, feeling Kerr\'s hand depart and wondering how to answer.

"I don\'t know, I guess so.  It makes sense to," he said, then shrugged.  This was a Ben of old, much like the unsure teenager Kerr met upon Ben\'s unannounced arrival at his house.  "Sure."
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2011, 07:30:53 PM »
Kerr\'s eyebrows lifted as he waited for further details but when they weren\'t forthcoming, he gave a rueful smile and chuckled slightly.  It was unusual to see his lover so uncertain and his mind cast back to a time many years ago when a submissive and innocent teenager had entered his house and captured his heart.

Reconnecting in such a way brought about guilt... and he questioned again why they were even having this conversation.  What was he thinking?  He was in love with Ben, why was he even entertaining the thought of spending time with someone else?  It wasn\'t anything he needed to complete his life, nothing and no-one would touch his heart as this man had, so why was he putting them through unnecessary awkwardness?  Because of his hormones and his lack of restraint.  That seemed pathetic, in the face of everything Ben meant to him.

"How about - for now - we just think about this and I\'ll make sure I behave myself until we\'ve established some ground rules?" he offered.

Offline Trillian

• Devil's Advocate
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2011, 07:41:55 PM »
Kerr\'s change from anxious to warm wasn\'t missed by Ben, who smiled back at his partner\'s new and more welcoming demeanour.

"Okay," he agreed, his voice lowering and softening.  "I think..." he looked down at the large tome on the table before him, "I should put this book away and come upstairs with you, and help you forget misbehaving?"

His smile became lopsided as he sent a few graphic images his sire\'s way, just in case his lover hadn\'t got the message.
INFUSCO : Ben : Hugh : Lan Bao : Mick : Todd : Vincent : Win :
HALFLIGHT : Graille Min Sayer :

• Navigator
  • Administrator
  • Novelist
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2011, 08:00:15 PM »
Part of him was disappointed, thinking of the rigid non-welcome Vomas would give Cain, how the mortal would be left to his own devices to settle in, but it was easily forgotten when some far more intriguing images entered his mind.

He mirrored Ben\'s grin as he rose from his seat, took the blonde\'s hand, spun him playfully into a standing position and wrapped his arms about him to walk him out.  Kerr\'s face pressed to his fledgling\'s throat, murmuring indolently and his hands travelled brazenly as they stumbled their way to the elevator.

In their wake, a very disapproving Samuel bustled over to the seat Ben had been occupying and indignantly reclaimed the lost tome, brushing it off protectively as he returned it to its rightful place in the library.