Author Topic: Something Stirring in the Dark  (Read 14670 times)

Offline The Cedar Witch

• Novelist
  • Night among strangers. Secrets in the dark.
    • View Profile
    • Modern Magix
Something Stirring in the Dark
« on: March 22, 2019, 09:51:28 AM »
[for Idrial]

Just outside the city limits was a rougher part of town, neglected and overlooked, filled to the brim with crime and apathy.  Here was a four-story hotel that served only a select clientele.  Clean rooms were rented by the hour.  Accommodations were given only to those who knew exactly what they were looking for and were given only with steep up-front payment.  The hotel rested unwelcomingly at the end of a dim alleyway, past graffiti-laden, long since boarded-up businesses.  Most Unfortunate Individuals who stumbled upon it by accident were compelled to turn around and head back the way they came, unable to shake the feeling of being Watched.  Indeed, all the dark corners of this dead-end street had Eyes that were Always Watching.

Laurent, hands casually placed in the pockets of his open leather jacket, strolled past them all.  As he approached his hotel, he gave subtle nods to his demon underlings Lurking in the darkness.  One drew closer and he stopped to meet him.

"The delivery is waiting for you downstairs."  The underling reported quietly.  Laurent's only reply was a sharp nod, and the underling retreated into the shadows again.

When Laurent reached the door to the hotel, the two guards at the front moved to open the door for him, nodding their greetings to The Boss as they did so.  Once he was inside, the pretty red-head desk attendant pointed toward the door to the basement.  Laurent headed there straightaway, leaving the door half open behind him.

Immaculately clean black boots thudded against each step as the Shadow Demon descended.  Already he could smell them, waiting, afraid.  There were a pair of guards sitting at a card table opposite the group, smoking and fiddling with their cellphones.  They stood as Laurent approached, nodding in the direction of the new Shipment.  The demon approached the huddled group of Fresh Stock whimpering pathetically in the corner.  They had just been brought in from a recent recruitment mission a few states away and they looked exhausted and terrified.  Perfect.  Luscious.  A cruel smile parted his lips.

"You," he pointed at one of two brunettes clinging desperately to one another.  "Hush now, I don't bite."  He smiled, and it could have almost been friendly if not for the context.  Still, she did not move.  This one would have to be taught obedience.  Laurent sighed and rolled his eyes.  The group pressed themselves against the wall as he drew nearer, and he roughly grabbed her from them.  She cried out once before he pressed his other hand firmly against her mouth and drew her body closer to him.

"Now, don't you want some food and water, princess?"  He smiled down at her tear-streaked face as she whimpered behind his hand.  This one he would be taking upstairs to enjoy.  "Only if you behave."  He insisted, removing his hand slowly to ensure she would not make a sound.  She did not.  Pushing her in front of him, he guided her back toward the stairs, intent on taking the girl up to his room.
Anna/Odessa/Sonya || Astrid || Chtahzus'aak/Zeus || Extasis || Fler || Jeremiah || Laurent/Va'tamal || Malakai || Rachel || Vai
Old things have strange hungers. - Catherynne M. Valente

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
  • Being a vampire is a privilege. Not an excuse.
    • View Profile
Re: Something Stirring in the Dark
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 10:37:30 AM »
Wiping the blood off his face with a smile, the mortal's blood tasted so good underneath his tongue. He had a craving ever since he arrived in this place of heaven, a place where evil could grow and thrive. And while the mortal's blood tasted exquisite it did not stall his unknown craving, bored he released the human. Leaving him drained and confused, falling onto his knee's to find his way down the dark and dank alleyways. He was the few lucky ones to have lived. Stepping over the body with ease and there was only one other place he could explore this unsatisfiable thirst. Perhaps he craved flesh rather than blood tonight, an evil grin on his face as he sauntered in the street.

The hotel of pure lust and pain and so many choices of flesh to choose from, the guards at doors recognized Mitch and it was no surprise. He use to frequent this place a lot more in the past, feeling quite at home amount the most dangerous people in this place. Smiling devilishly at the receptionist and calmly stating his intent, male, hardy and not afraid of pain. The receptionist nodded and pointed to take a seat momentarily. Folding his hands as he took a seat scanning the room as he always did, only this time he shocked to see someone from his past. His pants grew tight as he locked eye's with Laurent, this was a pleasant surprise. Rising from his chair gliding along the floor to Laurent and his little plaything.

"I never thought to see you again," his voice thick like honey. Looking Laurent up and down, he looked more muscular and it stirred the lust within Mitch.

"I see your business is still thriving," arching an eyebrow at the woman. A cruel smile on his lips. Lauren hated disobedience and Mitch had an idea what was to be done with the girl.

"Perhaps you prefer better company after your business matter, " enjoying the look of fear in the woman's eyes.

Maybe Laurent would spare her for now and teach her lesson later. Or perhaps the could both teach her a lesson, Mitch wouldn't have sex with the woman but he could do other things. Although it was improper to ask, this was business. But the thought helping Laurent teach the girl obedience made an obvious bulge in his pants.

Offline The Cedar Witch

• Novelist
    • View Profile
    • Modern Magix
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 11:13:49 AM »
Laurent grinned.  Now this was unexpected.  It had been quite some time since he last had the pleasure of sharing company with one equally as sadistic as himself.  Memories of their first encounter danced wickedly across his mind--that night the vampire had so willingly exchanged his soul for knowledge.  And what a useful trade that had been for Laurent!  Had it already been two hundred years since they last set eyes on one another?  Sure the two had indirect dealings with one another, as to be expected in sharing this sort of Profession.  But to have Mitch in front of him again--that was a delight.

He appreciatively noted the staring--and its result.  For a moment his attention was drawn away from the Fresh Meat shivering at his side.   

"Mitchelletto," the demon said slowly, allowing his eyes to trace over the vampire's figure as well.  Mitch smelled like arousal and a fresh kill.  A delectable combination that had a noticeable effect on the demon's body.  "It's been too long."

"This can wait."  He leaned down to look the girl in the eye.  "Now you go back downstairs and wait for me, princess."  A look of relief washed over her, which almost made Laurent reconsider.  But hope could be crushed from her later.  Let her have a taste of respite for the time being.  It would make destroying her all the more satisfying.  As soon as the girl stepped down, he closed the door behind her and turned toward the vampire.

"To what do I owe the pleasure?"  He purred.

While he would have thoroughly enjoyed tossing him around in bed again, there were other matters to attend to that were more pressing.  Distracting.  There was information to be gathered.  This vampire had set foot in the city.  Perhaps he would know things. 
Anna/Odessa/Sonya || Astrid || Chtahzus'aak/Zeus || Extasis || Fler || Jeremiah || Laurent/Va'tamal || Malakai || Rachel || Vai

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 11:37:47 AM »
"You look stronger than I remember," stepping in close to Laurent. Reaching up and stroking the demons jaw bone with his forefinger. Then grazing Laurents bottom lip with his thumb.

Mitch bit down on his lower lip and revealing the little bit of blood in his teeth, remembering how satisfying it was to be dominated by him. So close in age, they never had to worry about hurting each other too badly, although they tried. 

"This is the only place I can get obedient subjects anymore," his tone growing dark and sour. Fucking Jake McCloud ruined his chances of ever entering the city again. He missed his old hunting grounds, he missed hunting period.

"Let's just say Jake McCloud made some complications for me entering the city." His hand recoiling slowly from Laurents' face, remembering the scar left by the Anarch punk. A swirl of anger and the need to let off some steam was clear in Mitchelletto's eyes.

Offline The Cedar Witch

• Novelist
    • View Profile
    • Modern Magix
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 11:53:59 AM »
Stronger, yes. The years had been kind to the demon.  He had been busy in that regard.  He watched the vampire closely without breaking eye contact, enjoying the touch.  It made him wonder at how the years had treated the vampire--how much he could take now.  The thought of pressing him roughly against the wall crossed his mind.  Wouldn't that be delightful? 

But then McCloud's name passed the vampire's lips as he drew his hand away.  Exactly the information that Laurent needed.  The demon smiled seductively, drawing a single firm finger down Mitch's chest.

"Shall we find someplace more private to talk?"  Not that Laurent had to worry about being overheard in his own establishment.  There were other things on his mind.  The order in which to Do Things was something that the demon could not quite decide on yet. 

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 12:19:52 PM »
Mitchelletto's eyes fluttered with pleasure as Laurents' finger traced itself down his chest. His touch much more firm than he remembered, his lips twisting with lust and curiosity. The things they could do to each other now, wouldn't it be wonderful to recreate the night he sold his soul to Laurent. Well more like over several nights they spent together, no one matched Mitchelletto's sadistic personality more closely than Laurent. Waiting two hundred years seemed like such a waste, they should have reconnected sooner.

Mitch nodded at Laurent and his suggestion of a more private setting. A sadistic grin on his face as he watched Laurents ass as he followed, running his tongue along his teeth with greed. How he wished for that ass to be in his lap right now. So perfect in the eyes of evil, how could one not be attracted to such a delight. Readjusting the snake that swelled in his pants, sex would have to wait for now. It seemed Laurent had other questions and Mitch was happy to obey. The only man equal enough for Mitch to play submission with and enjoy it.

Offline The Cedar Witch

• Novelist
    • View Profile
    • Modern Magix
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2019, 12:38:36 AM »
He led Mitch into the elevator, intent on taking him to his room on the fourth floor.  It was one of the nicer rooms in the establishment, with a seating area and kitchenette in addition to a king-sized bed and full bathroom.  Once the pair were in the elevator Laurent pressed the button for the fourth floor and the doors slid shut.  He turned suddenly to Mitch and roughly shoved him against the back of the elevator, pressing his mouth roughly against the other's in something resembling a kiss.  With their bodies pressed together, it was easy to feel the anticipation growing between them.  The moment the elevator stopped so did the demon, pulling suddenly away and walking sharply toward the door of his room directly on the right.  The card-key seemed to have appeared in his hand, though he had fished it out of his back pocket while pressing against Mitch in the elevator.

It was an Interesting Feeling to have him close again.  The demon could feel the tendril of connection between the soul he acquired and its former host.  There was a noticeable increase in intensity, fueled by the memory of the nights they spent fucking and causing chaos.  Laurent wasn't one to be sentimental or develop attachments, and Mitch was no exception to that.  But he could sense the impatience for Fucking that lingered between them.  But business first--he wasn't about to be side-tracked.

Once inside he removed his leather jacket, revealing a long-sleeved charcoal Henley, crossed over to the little dining area by the kitchenette, and placed his jacket on the back of one of the chairs.

"So,"  he began, sitting at the table and reaching for the pack of cigarettes that lay beside an ashtray.  He was silent as he removed one from the pack, taking the time to light his cigarette while all the while keeping his eyes glued to Mitch.  He took one drag before continuing. 

"Tell me about your complications."  And Jake McCloud.  That was the meat of the issue now, wasn't it?

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2019, 06:39:40 AM »
Mitchelletto had not expected to have his bones jumped in the elevator, it pleased him immensely. The sheer force of Laurents shove created a small dent in the elevator wall, making his body shiver with gratification under the powerful demon. Laurents' lips were a hot playful mess against Mitch's cool marbled skin, making him feel alive under the demons short spell. Getting angry that the elevator doors opened faster than he wanted, Laurent was a good little tease and he suffer for that later. A broad smile emerged at the thought, what would he do to him? Mitch would have to think long and hard on punishment for Laurent's little tease show.

Once inside Mitchelletto did not sit down immediately, his assassin training kicking in as he took notes on the room. This room was high class compared to the scuzzy room they shared two hundred years ago, pleased at his assessment he returned his gaze to Laurent. Raising a pleasant eyebrow at his charcoal shirt that showed off his gym muscles, and he proceeded to mimic Laurent. Removing his own black cow leather jacket, revealing a tight short sleeved shirt with a small V neck. Reaching in his jacket pockets pulling out smokes, razor, a two dollar bill and a reasonably sized bag of cocaine, sitting down across from Laurent a devilish grin on his face.

"When the Oligarchy had fallen I had gotten intel the Mimics had left. That was correct," seeing the tray with white residue nearby he reached over showing off his abs and grabbed it. Proceeding to cut the cocaine into four lines as he spoke.

"What was not correct is Jake McCloud being able to beat me in a fight," he growled in anger.

"They all took thier own districts and made their own rules. Can't kill or enslave humans anymore, I miss the good old days when they overlooked a few."  A low rumble of laughter emerged from his throat.

He rolled up the two dollar bill into a tube, snorting one line into the left then right nostril. Setting the bill on the tray and pushing it towards Laurent, he didn't think he leave him out now. Taking a smoke and lighting up while he continued to talk, the cocaine made him feel much more settled.

"The punk has a magic weapon he managed to get the tip of his blade in my chest. Rendering me powerless, it was unlike any poison I have encountered." Shaking his head taking a deep drag off his smoke.

"Luckily Jakes goons wouldn't know how to do a proper search if it bit them in the ass. I escaped using the last of my abilities. Jake declared me dead if I walk in the city again. I haven't been back in two years or more," not with that blade in Jake's possession.

If the punk could beat Mitch then there was a chance he could beat an ancient, too high of a risk to return to the city.

Offline The Cedar Witch

• Novelist
    • View Profile
    • Modern Magix
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2019, 07:16:57 AM »
Laurent sat silently smoking as he listened to Mitch recounting his tale.  Though Laurent watched the vampire partake, he did not reach for the tray when it was offered.  His mind was focused, processing the information.  Making Connections.

It was widely known that the Mimic Demons were gone.  Laurent had watched as the city divided amongst the remaining Oligarchs, and others.  For now, McCloud was his assignment.  His weapon was a concern.  There would have to be a strategy for that.  But he needed more information than this.

"That is unfortunate, now isn't it."  The demon smiled "How is it he managed to best you in speed, I wonder?  Don't you have a few hundreds of years on the whelp?"  It was a gently antagonistic jab, but the demon wasn't looking to start a fight.

"What if I told you that you could enter the city without worry?"  A knowing smile.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2019, 07:43:18 AM »
"He's half my age and it has to be his magical weapon," winking at Laurent for his comment.

"My guess is he must have it in his hands in order to bolster his own abilities," that was mere speculation on Mitch's part.

"He held it like a two-handed weapon now that I think about it," that was a true fact.

Mitch then narrowed his eyes delightfully at Laurent, get him back into the city! A cruel smile appeared on his lips thinking of all the helpless mortals in that city and it pleased him greatly. Leaning forward just a little his eye's fixated on Laurent with glee, he had done well for himself if he can get Mitch back into the city.

"And how is that?" Ashing his cigarette never breaking contact with Laurents own gaze.

Offline The Cedar Witch

• Novelist
    • View Profile
    • Modern Magix
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2019, 08:31:32 AM »
A two-handed weapon that bolsters his abilities?  Interesting.  Somehow that will have to be disposed of.  Surely there must be someone in the city who knew more about it.  A weapon of this kind of power could not go unnoticed.

"I know a way to enter the city unnoticed."  Was all he said on that matter.  For now anyway. 

"There could be protections offered if you proved to be a useful source of information," Useful to whom was left unsaid. 

"Tell me what you know of McCloud."  He needed to find an edge.  A bargaining chip.  A Pawn.  To catch him unawares.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2019, 09:00:27 AM »
Mitch sucked in a small breathe at the words 'protection' and 'information', a game he was familiar with playing. A broad smile crossed his lips as this was turning out to be a pleasant night, almost kicking himself for not contacting Laurent sooner. Pausing for a moment trying to think of something that would be useful to Laurent, aimlessly puffing on his smoke deep in thought.

"I know he has a fledgling or two," returning to the conversation, "He is from the clan Ventrue, easy to kill when young but harder when they get older, a supernatural fortitude their clan possesses. Though McCloud seems to be meh at the skill even with that sword." Fortitude was a nasty thing to deal with but still not impossible to kill.

"His clan's bane restrict him to a certain blood type. And his mental ability dominate is strong for his age. That I worry about too," unsure what else to say. It had been two or more years since he had a base of operations in the city.

"Perhaps you can tell me what you seek. I feel as if I am insulting your intelligence," there was little that Laurent did not know already. His time in the city more frequent than Mitch's over the last few years.

Mitch would know that Kerr Galvin had died at one point, unaware that he had returned to the city. He wouldn't know of Jake taking the West and Central districts for himself, making him look bad in everyone's eyes. Nor would he know about the trial taking place in the city that would leave it ripe and weak for the picking. So much information he did not know but if he got into the city that could change and quicker than the blink of an eye.

Offline The Cedar Witch

• Novelist
    • View Profile
    • Modern Magix
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2019, 03:19:41 AM »
Laurent waved dismissively at the last comment, taking a drag before answering.

"What I seek is a Door cracked open, a Diversion, and something with which to sow Discord."  The demon smiled mischievously.  Truthfully, he didn't know how much Mitch would be able to tell him without getting back into the city.  What little the vampire had disclosed was a good start.  It provided a direction.

"Tell me of the fledges--are they well protected?"  A brief, thoughtful pause, "It would be useful to know how organized and loyal his followers are, and if there is any unrest amongst his ranks.  Though I doubt you would have this knowledge."  He leaned back, stroking his beard.

"Better yet--to know what McCloud truly fears, that would be valuable."  Eyes flashing dangerously, he leaned forward and crushed his cigarette into the ashtray. 

Offline Saiketsu

• Novelist
  • four sins past SAINTHOOD.
    • View Profile
    • Athena's by Jacki
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2019, 04:29:32 AM »
Curiosity had gotten the better of him. When he opened his door late one Saturday morning, he could smell unfamiliar cigarette smoke settled in the condo, the scent lingering on the furniture. Immediately he knew that someone had been in his place and it set him on edge. Cautiously he explored the condo for any lingering sign of a presence. Finding none in the major part of the apartment, he made his way back towards the kitchen to think and survey. Nothing had been disturbed, nothing taken, nothing even moved. IT unsettled him further. And then he saw what he was supposed to find.

There, tented on the granite countertop was a white business card he had never seen before. Judas stirred groggily inside him, triggered by the red pulsing feeling Nikolai had in his chest. He picked up the card to examine it.

The card was simple - too simple to be there by accident. It had nothing more than the name of some hotel he had never heard of - no address, no number to call. On the underside was a handwritten date - tomorrow - and a time - 10 PM. There was nothing else.

Nikolai stared at the card, flipping it around in his hands for long minutes, debating. It wasn't the first time he had ever received such an ominous note. To the contrary, in his line of work secrecy was key and the less he communicated, the better. It kept him alive. Nonetheless, this kind of situation always required a bit of hesitance on his end. No one could ever be sure what exactly was going to be waiting for him at some hotel with no information, at a time and date not of his choosing.

This was just another part of the business, after all.

He parked his car a block away from the hotel in a shitty part of town he usually loved and thrived in. But this was an unfamiliar city without the safety of a large populous of supernaturals. In fact he knew little to nothing about the city at all; looking the town up online could only tell him what it looked like, but not how the city breathed, how it's people treated her.

It was darker night than usual here with a warm mist coloring the air between street lamps as he approached the building. He took the steps slowly, trying to absorb as much information about where he was and what building he was in as possible before entering. The news media that he had found about this particular place was extraordinarily vague, listing it only as a refurbished private hotel that had been shut down years ago due to safety violations.

Something in his body felt strange, as if he had been in the building before, even though he had never set foot in this city. It pulled at his chest, beckoning him closer to the hotel despite that red alarm that had begun to sound in his head. Judas kept one eye open on Nikolai and watched. Nikolai tried to force the feeling away, but found himself incapable. Apprehension and panic threatened to bloom in his chest as he entered the building, nearly against his own accord, only to be shoved deep down into a place where they wouldn't resurface for the night; there was no need for such weaknesses like that in business.

"Nikolai Armani?" A pretty girl - one that he doubted was even eighteen - greeted him with a pathetic excuse for a smile. There was bruising on her face, a split lip freshly opened, as if she had just been beaten. She smelled of soap and cum, as if she had been freshly fucked before showering and sent up to greet him here. Nikolai said nothing to her, eyeing her suspiciously. "Follow me, please." The girl turned to leave down the small hallway to the elevator. She walked with a slight limp and nikolai could feel the fear and pain emanating from her.

"Where?" he called after her, remaining in the doorway of the lobby, that annoying feeling of familiarity pulling him with the girl.

"He'd like to see you upstairs." She turned nervously towards him.

"And who would that be?"

The girl hesitated, her body language showing him uncertainty and fear. "I'm sorry, I'm not allowed to say more. Please come with me." She started off again towards the elevator and waited inside for him. Reluctantly, he followed her into the elevator and up they went in silence. They stopped finally on the fourth floor and the doors opened.

Offline Idrial

• Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2019, 05:50:35 AM »
"I know for a fact his followers would be loyal and organized. As for his fledges, I can not say if they are protected or not," a slight scowl on his face.

"But I do know he is not close with one of his fledges, a woman. Whether that has changed or not I do not know," he paused in thought. Wondering if that could be the weak link in Jake's armour.

"I have knowledge but it is outdated and not much help to your cause," a pang of anger ran through Mitch.

It was not often Mitch felt so useless and it angered him deeply, his hated for Jake was a bottomless pit. He do anything to rid himself of that pest and reclaim his old hunting grounds. Furiously taking a drag off his smoke as he was lost in thought but only for a moment before returning to reality.